TNR mini-course available in English, Spanish & French (no cost)

  • Bryan Kortis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2003
      Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) mini-course available in English, Spanish & French (no cost)

      Moderator's Note: Finally a way to reach our Spanish-speaking communities!

      An approximately 10-page "mini-course" on trap-neuter-return, authored by
      Neighborhood Cats, is now available to interested persons at no cost.
      Spanish and French versions are also available (thanks to ANIMAL PEOPLE).

      Please reply to Bryan Kortis of Neighborhood Cats at: Brykort@... (cs.com)
      and specify which version or versions you would like. They will be sent to you as an attached Word document.

      Contents of mini-course:
      -What is Trap-Neuter-Return?
      -Failed Alternatives
      -What is a "Feral" Cat?
      -Implementing TNR: The Managed Colony Approach
      Step 1: Educate Yourself
      Step 2: Develop Good Community Relations
      Step 3: Set Up Feeding Stations and Shelter
      Step 4: Secure a Holding Space
      Step 5: Arrange for Spay/Neuter
      Step 6: Trapping
      Step 7: Caring for Cats in Traps
      Step 8: Monitoring After the Release
      -Community-Wide TNR Programs (Elements)

      PLEASE FORWARD TO OTHERS WHO COULD USE THIS INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY IN YOUR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING COMMUNITIES