Help Educate the Clergy: You Can Do Both! (care for people & animals)

  • AnimalAdvocacy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      Help Educate the Clergy: You Can Do Both! (care about animals and
      humans at the same time!)

      Please forward!

      (Moderator's Note: Please help broaden the narrow mind focus of many
      people: caring about humans and animals is NOT mutually exclusive,
      but part of the same continuum...that of being a compassionate human
      being.)

      Seen on the Billboard in front of the Deeper Life Assembly Church in
      Ocoee, Florida: "Forget the Whales - Save Your Marriage"

      Thousands of people pass this billboard on a daily basis yet
      according to one the pastors, "Only one person complained!" That was
      my sister, who told me about the sign (so now two complained!) She
      indicated that this wouldn't be the case if other animal rights
      activists heard about such an offensive sign.

      I think we should prove her right!

      Please make a phone call to simply protest this kind of negativity
      toward whales (and obviously other non-humans) portrayed to the many
      passers-by in this busy suburb of Orlando, Florida. You might mention
      that environmental concerns and divorce are two completely
      separate issues; that a disregard for the environment or non-human
      species might be considered a "crime" against the Creator; that
      respect for "God" may be shown by a reverence for "God's" creation.

      The phone number is: 407-299-1950
      You may get an answering machine in which case either choose Menu
      Item #2 for "Pastor Larry" or wait for the beep to leave a message
      for the church secretary. If you want to send a letter instead, the
      address is:

      Pastor Larry
      Deeper Life Assembly Church
      8825 A.D. Mims Road
      Ocoee, Florida 34761

      A quick phone call or note from enough people will surely help bring
      this mentally toxic sign down and maybe even help change someone's
      attitude!

      Thank you for your help!!
      Taffy Williams
      New York Whale and Dolphin Action League
      914-793-9186