ASPCA Attorney requesting info on pet store puppies

  • Joanne
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2002
      (Moderator's Note: While posting this message, I hope everyone on this list knows they should NOT adopt a pet from a pet store or breeder. Wonderful animals are always available at your local shelters and animal welfare agencies.)

      Please send this info to any one you know that has had a problem with sick puppies. Please cross post.

      Thanks,
      Joanne
      puppyh@... (prodigy.net)

      If you or anyone you know has recently purchased a puppy from a pet store with serious defects requiring costly vet care, lifetime medical treatment, or has had to be euthanized please tell us now. Specifically, we need the following:

      1. Copy of the medical file from your Vet who is treating or treated the puppy, along with the costs.

      2. Copy of the paperwork you have with the purchase date from the pet store you bought your puppy at. Also describe the trauma you went through.

      Please share this information with our dedicated ASPCA Attorney Ledy
      VanKavage, P.O. Box 313, Maryville, IL 62062.

      Thank you for your assistance in putting a halt to this unjust business practice of pet store/puppy milling.

      Note: Ledy VanKavage is the ASPCA's Midwest Government Affairs representative. She's in the heart of puppy-mill country.