In last 7 days
This forum is for discussion of the Anglo Saxon lyre, also known as the Germanic lyre, leier, or hearpe: its history, music, construction, and archaeology. Also included are the Baltic kantele family, Russian gusli, Siberian nares-jux, Ainu tonkori, and lyres of the ancient world. Additionally it covers the bowed lyres such as the Welsh crwth, Shetland gue, Finnish jouhikko and Scandinavian talharpa.The group is open to anyone with an interest, and has a files section to share information and provide an up-to-date online lyre resource.
- Nov 29, 2006
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.