Re: [Anglo_Saxon_Lyres] Re: Crocodile: a song performed on 6 string lyre

  • LM
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2012
      The recreation and performance on authentic period instruments is a kind of "time machine', and one which can be very rewarding...

      Larry M

      On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Mark <markallanbarnes@...> wrote:

      --- In Anglo_Saxon_Lyres@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markallanbarnes@...> wrote:

      > This lyre has steel strings, but the song could just as easily be performed on a gut strung lyre during Anglo Saxon times.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFzHEGM9Gw

      I've realised that my first post may have been misleading and suggest backwards in time causality or time travel.

      What I meant was: the song, which was composed in the 21st century and is played on a 21st century lyre, could be performed on a lyre identical to lyres used in Anglo Saxon times.