Fwd: New Journal Announcement

  • Paul Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2012
      Hello!

      Since this has come up a fair amount recently, I figured I would
      forward it along. This comes from my Ancient Historian wife.

      Sincerely,
      Paul Butler
      pbutler@...

      Dear Members,

      I am pleased to announce the launch of *Greek and Roman Musical Studies* (*
      GRMS*), a new journal edited by Brill whose first issue will be published
      in February-March 2013. The journal is dedicated to enhancing our knowledge
      and understanding of Greek and Roman music, its relation to other musical
      cultures of the ancient Mediterranean and Near East, and its reception in
      later times. Contributions will be welcomed on every aspect of the ancient
      musical experience (theoretical, practical/performative, philosophical,
      sociological etc.). For further information see
      http://www.brill.com/publications/journals/greek-and-roman-musical-studies

      The journal's editorial system is now active at http://grms.edmgr.com/.
      Therefore, from now on all articles should be submitted online.

      Please feel free to contact me for any further enquiry.

      Massimo Raffa

      Department of Philology

      University of Calabria (Italy)

      GRMS Associate Editor

      m.raffa72@...

      ----- End forwarded message -----

      "If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget
      the less important parts of it. Like your pants. And ninety-nine out of a
      hundred ideas they come up with are totally useless." "Why doesn’t anyone lock
      them away safely, then? They don’t sound like much use to me," said Brutha.
      "Because the hundredth idea," said Om, "is generally a humdinger."
      - Sir Terry Pratchett