Re: Jouhikko doesn't play

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 35 , May 1, 2012
      --- In Anglo_Saxon_Lyres@yahoogroups.com, "o2btuvan" <bernardroy@...> wrote:

      Hi Bernard,

      That was awesome as always!! When I wrote that previous message I sort of had a suspicion you might have dabbled in the "mystic arts" of throat singing, what with your Yahoo name and all. But since I assume you didn't grow up anywhere near Central Asia I'm impressed with the sound you get! Was that sygyt or Khomeii?

      Cheers,
      Tim

      > Well.....now that you mention it....
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZkBYEsPz8
      >
      > I did not play the morin khuur with a bow in this video. I played "pizzicato" just to keep a rhythm going. The whole thing was supposed to be a demonstration of the MIDI theremin, not my dubious throat singing abilities.

    • LM
      Message 35 of 35 , May 9, 2012
        I had some weed -whacker string around for while-  I wound up using it for tailpiece gut.  It was stiff and hard to make a knot in, but it was indestructible!

        Larry the M

        On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM, nnaeve <nnaeve@...> wrote:

        Here's the reply from the friend who made it...

        I don't exactly-it was the generic variety from Home Depot, and I seem to remember it being one of the lighter gauges, but I'm afraid I don't remember the details!
        -Peter

        Sorry for lack of details - it was a couple years ago!