Video about making the Mästermyr Viking age tool chest and tools

  • michaeljking2007
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
      This episode of the Woodwright shop showcases the 10th/11th century toolchest found in the 1930s,  some interesting tools and techniques that I thought would be of interest to the forum,  This is a replica of the Mästermyr chest,  There is nothing here that an anglo saxon woodworker wouldn't recognize

      Woodwright shop video

      I have already been making charcoal in my back garden this year so I am interested in exploring a little blacksmithing at some point...

      Making the chest
        plans

      Best wishes

      Michael

    • simon@simonchadwick.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
        Michael thanks for this

        If the CAT in Machynllyth still run their blacksmithing course I
        would highly recommend it, they have bursaries available and it is
        not too expensive.

        Simon