Re: Ancient Maya women were powerful leaders

  • KerryD
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 27, 2012
      Which two "Mayan" images are you referring to?

      The link which you provided (below) takes us to an article which shows a Mayan building, (at Yaschilan) a Nahua culture stone (non-Mayan) carved standing figure and some spindle whorls.

      There are not two female deities of any kind shown, are there?

      ~ Kerry

      --- In Ancient_History_Expanded@yahoogroups.com, "Ancient Star" <ancientstar@...> wrote:

      > The two images below depict female Mayan deities. The author of the article a Graduate of the University of California-Riverside.
      >
      > Most all of the Mayan deities found in Mexico are female. And where you see a serpent, dragon or similar, the deity is a metaphor for the Mother of the Universe which is the fundamental spiral.
      >
      > Mother Nature in her various formats, as well as Spirit were all personified, as was also done by their old world counterparts, and with similar counterpart deities. The identical deities can be found in North America also. The "Mayans" also considered "Aztecs," lived along the Mississippi river until they were flooded out. They lived in many other places as well, the Hopewells for just one. The North American Mayans see bottom image, were considered were extremely tall people according to the seven foot plus sized bones found in their mounds, and considered "giants" by some.

    • Ancient Star
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 10:55 AM
        The only (2) Mayan images that were "below" as stated right on the
        top portion of the email.

        Which two "Mayan" images are you referring to?

        The link which you provided (below) takes us to an article which shows a Mayan building, (at Yaschilan) a Nahua culture stone (non-Mayan) carved standing figure and some spindle whorls.

        There are not two female deities of any kind shown, are there?

        ~ Kerry

        --- In Ancient_History_Expanded@yahoogroups.com, "Ancient Star" <ancientstar@...> wrote:

        >       The two images below depict female Mayan deities.  The author of the article a Graduate of the  University of California-Riverside.
        >
        >       Most all of the Mayan deities found in Mexico are female.   And  where you see a serpent, dragon or similar, the deity is a metaphor for the  Mother of the Universe  which is the fundamental spiral.
        >
        >       Mother Nature in her various formats, as well as  Spirit were all personified, as was also done by their old world counterparts, and with similar  counterpart deities.  The identical deities can be found in North America also.  The "Mayans" also considered "Aztecs,"  lived along the Mississippi river until they were flooded out.  They lived in many other places as well, the  Hopewells for just one.  The North American Mayans see bottom image, were considered were extremely tall people according to the seven foot plus sized bones found in their mounds, and considered "giants" by some.

        WebSite At: http://www.ancientmoons.com/

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Ancient_History_Expanded-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Ancient_History_Expanded-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • tonic77
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 1:08 PM
          Looks like we have another ‘very informed’ person on this list who knows a phenomenal amount about everything posted here.

          Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:55 PM

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2 4:09 AM
            Well, at least someone is paying attention, Star...
            Reality. What a bummer, huh?