Google Earth Placemark: Underwater squared structure 01.kmz

  • Kevin Clakley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2011
    Is this some ancient building, that is underwater.  It seems to have square angles, and sme equi-distant round objects on top.  I tried to place a white drawn square around the object for better location view, but I am not sure if that will be displayed.  Above this, their is an elongated path which looks like it could be roads.  This is strewn throughout the ocean floor and may only be greater detailed areas that GoogleEarth produced.  But I think otherwise.
    Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail.  This is not like any map you have ever seen.  This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more.  You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

    Get Google Earth.  Put the world in perspective.

    (http://earth.google.com)

  • KerryD
    Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2011
      How does one open this...can't you post a URL?

      --- In Ancient_History_Expanded@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Clakley" <kevinc1963@...> wrote:

      > Is this some ancient building, that is underwater. It seems to have square angles, and sme equi-distant round objects on top. I tried to place a white drawn square around the object for better location view, but I am not sure if that will be displayed. Above this, their is an elongated path which looks like it could be roads. This is strewn throughout the ocean floor and may only be greater detailed areas that GoogleEarth produced. But I think otherwise.
      > Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.
      >
      > Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective.
      >
      > (http://earth.google.com)

    • Kevin Clakley
      Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
        Sorry KerryD, this did not come from off of a website, so there is no
        linking to it. This came directly off from searching Earth's image through
        the program GoogleEarth. You should be able to download a version of it for
        free at http://www.googleearth.com .
        > How does one open this...can't you post a URL?
        >
        > --- In Ancient_History_Expanded@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Clakley"
        > <kevinc1963@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Is this some ancient building, that is underwater. It seems to have
        >> square angles, and sme equi-distant round objects on top. I tried to
        >> place a white drawn square around the object for better location view,
        >> but I am not sure if that will be displayed. Above this, their is an
        >> elongated path which looks like it could be roads. This is strewn
        >> throughout the ocean floor and may only be greater detailed areas that
        >> GoogleEarth produced. But I think otherwise.
        >> Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling
        >> users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in
        >> photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This
        >> is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined
        >> with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and
        >> more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or
        >> jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.
        >>
        >> Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective.
        >>
        >> (http://earth.google.com)

        > WebSite At: http://www.ancientmoons.com/

        > Groups Links

      • KerryD
        Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2011
          Please be aware that Google Earth is NOT a reliable tool for studying submarine features. Square and rectangular images which appear to be underwater are extremely common artifacts of the digital mapping process and most often do not represent actual geological features.