Marlik Daggers

  • jpisc98357@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Dear Manoucher,

      Here are a four pictures of Marlik Daggers to get you started. Let me
      know if the embedded pictures show up, I will attach the same pictures in a
      file if you can't open them. When I do this kind of work I copy my friends
      on the Antiquities list and the email gets archived on the Yahoo groups
      AncientWeapons and AncientArtifacts. I will try to post it on the Sword Forum
      but I don' know if I will be able to get all the pictures to upload.

      Reference: Negahban, Ezat O. Marlik: The Complete Excavation Report, 2
      Volumes <A HREF="http://130.91.80.100/FMPro?-db=university%20museum%20publications&-format=detailsupmpubs.html&-lay=web1&-sortfield=date&-sortorder=descend&author%20last%20name=Negahban&subject%20area=*&-recid=33112&-find=">Marlik: Excavation Report</A>

      These daggers were manufactured in two stages, the first was the casting
      of the blade which was then hammer hardened, then sharpened. A hilt was then
      cast onto the blade which would be a lower % tin bronze than the blade. This
      saved valuable tin.
      Round grip crescent pommel daggers:
      [Unable to display image][Unable to display image]
      Flange hilt pennanular guard daggers:
      [Unable to display image]
      Bottom dagger is crescent pommel, flange grip an no pennanular guard. A
      hybrid of the two styles. Second from bottom has no pennanular guard.
      [Unable to display image]
      Best Regards, John Piscopo
      <A HREF="http://www.johnpiscoposwords.com">http://www.JohnPiscopoSwords.com</A>
      <A HREF="http://forums.swordforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=12">Sword Forum</A> <A HREF="http://forums.swordforum.com/index.php?s=">http://forums.swordforum.com/index.php?s=</A>