Announcing a new group "ANTIQUITIES SCIENCE"

  • Unetice@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2007
      The Antiquities Science list is devoted to the study of the analysis and
      authentication of ancient artifacts through the tools of modern science. Posts are
      regularly made by the webmaster and others of journal articles in this field
      and discussions of these papers is encouraged.
      Particular emphasis will be on microscopic analysis of antiquities.
      In addition we will attempt to develop new protocols for the authentication
      and classification of ancient artifacts.
      One of the goals will also be assembling a large photographic data base.
      We take an interdisciplinary approach in this list believing the bringing
      together of  collectors, art dealers and scientists  can produce beneficial
      results. Naturally members will have different strengths depending on their
      specialty. It is hoped that by working as a group we will pool our collective
      knowledge thus avoiding the duplication of efforts of its members.
      The list does not compete with, but rather supplements the current Ancient
      Artifacts list on Yahoo.
      Both beginners and professionals are welcome but the webmaster will reserve
      the right to steer discussions when they stray off topic because the ambitious
      goals of this project. Currently this is a public list but may become a
      private list in the future if the situation dictates. New members are requested but
      not required to send a short email to the webmaster before joining.