Anyone Interested In Atlatls and Atlatl Throwing Here ! ?

  • Thoth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 8:10 AM
      Dear List Members,

      Is there one or more of you interested in atlatls and atlatl throwing
      here? Just curious. I have been making and throwing atlatl darts
      since high school (graduated in 1968). Please get back to me if you
      any of you do. I have photos to share of atlatl contest events as
      well. Take care. Have a great day...

      Sincerely,

      Fred S.
    • J C Blyth
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 1:54 PM
        yes, I think it was a brilliant technical innovation, and so simple. I tried it once at uni, and found the balance easier and the range much greater. It must have made a real difference to hunting. Jean Auel describes the use of atlatls in her series on Earth's Children.
        Jan