Re: Question for item #3771915878 - Ancient Chinese Lance Spear Knife Sword H...

  • jpisc98357@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      In a message dated 1/2/2005 3:56:46 PM Central Standard Time, aw-confirm@... writes:
      Dear dagoodstuff,

      Dear Dagoodstuff, Good dis aint, its modern made, not Ancient Chinese of any kind. The manufacturer did not even bother removing the casting sprue where the molten iron went into the mold. I would suggest that you alter your description or drop the auction. You can sell it as a reenactment speer, Roman.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2194&item=3771915878&rd=1

    • Brian Howard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        I must admit that the buy it now price of 39.99 don't exactly give me warm fuzzy
        feeling about its authenticity, but I think what you consider casting sprue on the
        bottom rear as it is displayed is as part of the design.   I forget what it is called but
        the intent is to prevent full penetration and getting stuck there.

        jpisc98357@... wrote:
        In a message dated 1/2/2005 3:56:46 PM Central Standard Time, aw-confirm@... writes:
        Dear dagoodstuff,

        Dear Dagoodstuff, Good dis aint, its modern made, not Ancient Chinese of any kind. The manufacturer did not even bother removing the casting sprue where the molten iron went into the mold. I would suggest that you alter your description or drop the auction. You can sell it as a reenactment speer, Roman.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2194&item=3771915878&rd=1

      • henry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          well done.congrats.

          Dear Dagoodstuff, Good dis aint, its modern made, not Ancient Chinese of any kind. The manufacturer did not even bother removing the casting sprue where the molten iron went into the mold. I would suggest that you alter your description or drop the auction. You can sell it as a reenactment speer, Roman.

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2194&item=3771915878&rd=1

          Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!