  • ethels
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2013
      Finally, for the very first time in my life, a great explanation why the
      pig was dismissed. It just happened to fit in a class of animals that
      could be described as uneatable. The reason they didn't make an
      exception. "But what accounts for the decline in hog production
      <http://ethnobiology.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/JoE/10-2/Hesse.pdf>
      and consumption? Two suggestions can be offered. One is that the initial
      advantage gained by pig raising was eventually lost when immigrant
      economies stabilized, during which time pigs were gradually and
      systematically replaced by animals capable of producing secondary
      products, for example dairy products, sheep wool, goat hair, and cattle
      traction. "

      http://mosaicmagazine.com/picks/2013/08/bringing-home-the-bacon/?utm_sou\
      rce=Mosaic+Daily+Email&utm_campaign=45bd619d13-Mosaic_2013_8_20&utm_medi\
      um=email&utm_term=0_0b0517b2ab-45bd619d13-41159473
      <http://mosaicmagazine.com/picks/2013/08/bringing-home-the-bacon/?utm_so\
      urce=Mosaic+Daily+Email&utm_campaign=45bd619d13-Mosaic_2013_8_20&utm_med\
      ium=email&utm_term=0_0b0517b2ab-45bd619d13-41159473>

      -ethel jks