Re: Hebrew Compound Names Like YHWH

  • Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 4, 2013
      Jack, awesome and exactly the reason the Bible is important and in a
      delightful way:) Explains why I'm angry all my current life because I had to
      discover this on my own after I became a LOL doing LOL, Little Old Lady
      Laughing Out Loud. It can also mean, LOLLOL, Little Old Lord Laughing Out
      Loud. And remember in Hebrew grammar if ends in plural and only one Lord
      among 100 LOLs, it's Little Old Lord LOL:) Hebrew is fun 2. And seriously
      it makes sense since they understood and lived with the fact that male
      humans can reproduce until they die while females can't. Also the fact that
      the majority of females died in childbirth so the males always had young
      females:) ??? -ethel jks
    • Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 18, 2013
        In addition, the popular example is Chapter/Spell 125 of the Egyptian Book
        of the Dead. When I first joined this group that's where I got acquainted
        with this book. One visit to the Kimbell Museum in Ft.Worth I saw they had
        this book. While waiting in the purchase line, I decided why not open it and
        see what's it all about. The first thing that met my eyes was a one liner
        that said in some god's name that I did not practice homosexuality (Budge
        translation). I couldn't believe it.

        It's treated as part of the history of homosexuality on Internet. Really
        important to know how far back our "average human" concerns about human
        behavior go. So much later in life I decided that the whole listing could be
        simplified today by simply replacing each god's name with YHWH. That also is
        being done on Internet. In fact, I equate this book and purpose no different
        than the FIVE WISHES and that type of brain-dead documentation so prevalent
        today legally (advanced health directive).

        As for YHWH, the compilers of the documents in the Bible might have said,
        "Well, all these different gods can be brought together under the umbrella
        of the Sun God but then who created the Sun? So for me they strategically
        tried to modify human mental behavior by using the word YHWH in a sprinkled
        fashion. I think Chabad should be encouraged to publish on Internet a
        similar listing of all instances of YHWH. I have one myself but who am I? I
        need official scholarly listing. The Hebrew Bible is absolutely set and will
        not change. My Davka Soncino Talmud provided me with this list. I think it's
        atrocious that something so scientifically simple is avoided by every single
        PhD theologian on Planet Earth.

        That's how I interpret Deu:10:17-20. The list is supposed to be done but
        YHWH can bring a horse to water but YHWH understands you can't make the
        horse drink. We are to YHWH what a horse, elephant, dog is to us:) Adding
        this bit about me: When I became Medicare is the first time I found out that
        the USA now trusted "god" and that my own children were brought up in that
        kind of USA. At the same time I became the parent of a 7 week old dog, for
        the first time in my life. How's that for being initiated into a different
        kind of life form in the beginning of my own old age. Convenient incidence:)
        -ethel jks