Re: ABH Why Didn't Jesus Admit He Really Wasn't a King?

  • ethels
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 4:16 AM
      --- In AncientBibleHistory@yahoogroups.com, "Dora Smith" <tiggernut24@...> wrote:

      > Jesus didn’t write the Gospels. Those who did had specific versions of the story their literary devices supported. But have at it, you two.
      >
      > Dora

      Could this be a scholarly assumption: That Helena was behind the whole New Testament so she could preserve the Divine Right of Kings for her son, Constantine who was faced with all these Jews around the Mediterranean fighting each other. I use Books of Maccabees and Josephus as a probable source describing the events that led up to 70CE. She figured out that the Jews for Jesus movement was the most practical to insure her son would maintain a calming voice for god. Very easy since very few people back then ever saw the word in any language, the Tetragrammaton which is always understood only in Hebrew characters everywhere. Especially since the Jews themselves have always hidden it until tis very day.
      Christians as Roman Citizens
      1. Christians were not allowed to marry Jews.
      2. Christians were not allowed to convert to be Jews.
      3. Christians were not allowed to circumcise.
      4. Christians were not allowed to know anything about a document called Talmud.

      All of above very naive statements - ethel jks