Re: Freeze: 0CE, Antony, Cleopatra, Arab, Jew

  • Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
      At 0CE, I don’t know how many people actually read the Bible that was in existence. Most of it was hearsay. How did the Bible get transmitted? The Talmud tells us that there was a written scripture and that people could quote it. What were Jews, the only monotheistic nation on Earth? That is the question. Females certainly didn’t have the access I have. In fact, I didn’t get the access until my granddaughter’s b’nai mitzvah in 1993. The Reconstructionist Jews were the first to include females. I didn’t get access to the Talmud until 2003. In fact, at my own adult B’nai Mitzvah I was taught musical tropes by tape, not Western notation. In fact, we were told by a member of our choir who decided to become a cantor in late 1990 that she had to learn everything orally. So that’s the kind of world that has existed since 0CE. I see and live history and the Bible as a female, not a male. I post as a female. That’s the kind of education I live. I am not a male. I am a female. Why even Shakespearean actors were males in female parts. So as a Jew, I feel I can really go back to the future at 0CE.

      I do know that Jesus knew Psalm 22. I discovered that therapeutic Psalm, in fact, reading the entire current Bible. So I know the Psalms were popular. In this group, I want to know how people looked and dressed in 0CE. The books of the Maccabees give me a whole lot of information. Because of my experience here in the Jewish community in the USA, I know how it is to “think” I know the Bible without realizing that I’ve been cheated. That’s because, even as a Sunday school teacher, it was all just textbooks in English explaining what the Bible was. My own mom hated her Orthodox upbringing so much she didn’t want to discuss the Bible with me nor anything traditional. Yet she was a Jewess through and through.

      I think back in 0CE, the Bible was transmitted by trope. Music has a lot to do with memorizing. Back then it was worrying about droughts and olive oil and silver and nomads vs farmers and simply acquiring control over people’s minds. That’s the picture I get and the importance of Herod’s buildings including the Jerusalem temple. Just like today, interpreting spirituality and the favorite gods of the various priests competing with each other and given special treatment by kings.

      Now that I have the electronic Trope Trainer, Tefillah Trainer and Davka Soncino Talmud DVD which includes the equivalent of the 0CE idea of Bible, it is easier to use the language of the 0CE bible. I think that describes the environment that Jesus lived under. I also suffered from a puss-filled bloody dermatitis for 26 years. So I can empathize with leprosy. I felt dirty about my own self because of this. I could understand how, in addition to awful acne, how I could be contaminating others. In addition the pain of itching because of the dermatitis. It wasn’t until the invention of cortisone that I became a normal human being at the age of 27. So it always scared me reading about leprosy in the Bible. This is the existence of humans in 0CE. I don’t take a male’s understanding of history.

      The Bible is a source of Western Culture and Civilization for me. I think the actual Hebrew without vowels represent the writings of 0CE. I don’t know. In fact, I just discovered how much I’ve been programmed. A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that I was actually seeing what didn’t exist. I was even traumatized to find out that in my counting of the number of “YHWH” existed in the Bible using my Talmud DVD that the actual way it was presented was the equivalent of Y’HoWaH!! However I simply used the Hebrew YHWH to get the counts. I just even now dismiss the vowels and it works.
      -ethel jks
      מעל הצוואר Above the neck 4 Maccabees
      י'הוה י'אלל

    • Attila Csanyi
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2012
        You wrote: "I do know that Jesus knew Psalm 22."
        How do you know that? How do you know there was a "Jesus"?
        AC