ABH Re: Babylonia or bust!!

  • richfaussette
    Message 1 of 385 , Apr 1 6:30 AM
      --- In AncientBibleHistory@yahoogroups.com, Ian Onvlee <sambacats@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rich,
      >
      > <<You don't need to tell me the bible is in doubt for its historical content.
      > I've posted repeatedly the Torah is political science, not history.>>
      >
      > Personally I agree that the torah is formost political, and perhaps in part history. In part it does have some morally sane stuff too, but I don't think it's science.

      Rich:
      It is science, so you don't know what it is.

      [snip]
      "… And here in Genesis, the first book of the Hebrew Bible, we have indeed found the core elements of what Kevin MacDonald has identified as the "evolutionary strategy of Judaism." The religious commitment to high K/high r reproduction allegorized in Genesis is hidden in plain sight:

      • Adam and Eve
      Learn as much as you can for as long as you live
      Maximum phenotypic potential

      • Jacob and Esau
      Marry well among your own
      Maximum genotypic potential (high K)

      • Abraham and Isaac
      Have as many children as you can
      Maximum reproductive potential (high r)

      • Joseph in Egypt
      Sojourn rather than settle, centralize control whenever you can
      Maximum economic and political potential

      In Adolphe Frank's The Kabbalah, the Religious Philosophy of the Hebrews we find the following: "At issue is an interpretation, or rather a doctrine which, although known, was taught under the seal of mystery; of a science no less fixed in form than in principles… If we are to believe Maimonides – who, although a stranger to the Kabbalah, could not deny its existence – the first half, entitled `The Story of Genesis,' taught the science of nature…"34
      From The Book of Genesis from a Darwinian Perspective

      If you knew some evolutionary biology, you'd know it was science.
      Since the science of nature is amoral, then religion is just a tool and you don't blame tools for the behavior of the men who wield them.

      Regards,
      Rich Faussette
    • Ian Onvlee
      Message 385 of 385 , Apr 6 3:48 AM