Re: ABH Baal/Set/Sutekh - god of the Hyksos "exodus" and the golden calves of Jeroboam

  • Ian Onvlee
    Message 1 of 67 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Louis and all,

      Jerobeam was only repeating the words in Exodus 32:4-5, when Aaron had cast a golden calf from the jewelleries of the Israelites, and they (who?) said:

      'This is your God, Israel, who has led thee out of the land Egypt.'

      Moses was nowhere near. And yes, I too think that this a memory of an older tradition, but nevertheless of the forefathers of the Israelites themselves. The bull was most likely taken from the tradition of the Apis bull, the Egyptian son of God (Ptah), who functioned as a prophet at Memphis. His moves were interpreted as prophecies.

      How Jerobeam came about to speak of two golded calves is another question. It may have been symbolic for the division between Judah and Israel, in the style of the two brothers from the same mother, Osiris and Seth, or also Horus and Seth, in the bible associated with the two main names Elohim and Yahweh for God. Another reason could be that the goddess Hathor and the god Ptah were the mother cow and father bull of Apis, and since Hathor was associated with the goddess Asteroth/Astarte/Ishtar, it would be logical that Ptah and Seth had been equated with Yahweh and El and fused. Since Asteroth has been often viewed as the wife of Yahweh, we can conclude that in the minds of the early Israelites the golden calf was the son of God, similar to the Apis in Egypt. Since Apis was a sacrificial animal, whose soul transferred to the next newborn Apis and in this way lived forever (at least for 3000 years), we may assume that this sacrificial animal became a
      central theme in the Temple of Solomon, where in the holiest of holy, each year a bull was sacrificed to deliver the people, alongside the two goats of the east and west to sooth the wraths of God and Azazel respectively. It's all very old religious symbolism that has been retained up to the present day. In Egypt goats or rams are the sacrificial animal of Osiris, while the bull was once also associated with Seth and the Great Bear. The Cowgoddess Hathor with the Pleiads in the constellation of the Bull rising heliacally in the Spring, and the god Ptah probably with Antares in the opposite constellation Scorpio setting in the West, when at Full Moon the Apis was conceived by a Moonbeam projected towards the Virgin mothercow Hathor.

      Regards,
      Ian Onvlee

      Message 67 of 67 , Mar 23 5:29 PM
        Hi aj

        If we actually had a positive identification of the true Mt Sinai some of it would end up on ebay and the rest turned into a war zone or partitioned off to various claimants - like the Temple Mount; which is traditionally linked to Mount Moriah & the binding of Issac, the location of Solomon's Temple and Muhammad's
        ascent to heaven.

        Louis