Aris: the location of Gesem

  • aris hobeth
    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 1, 2009
      Sesostris III is interesting to me because I suggest that he is Moses. The events in both Moses and Sesostris III lives do not contradict the identification. Moses is also linked to two major events involving his power over water (one is the "sin" of ordering water from the rock, the other at the Red Sea massacre.) In both cases Moses/Sesostris may have been "at odds" with the opposition pharoah (his brother Aaron/Sesostris II) in a sort of revolt situation. In the Geshem case, Moses may have opened the water supply to his favored ethnics there. Seostris III is also linked to a precursor of the Suez canal. Both cases imply a very sophisticated water planning system. (Those ethnics may be called the "strange bird", a group who settled in the delta, assailed in a Twelfth Dynasty Egyptian tale, "Prophecies of Neferti." The Egyptian natives evidently were envious of the "foreigners" being favored there.)

      (I suggest that the three Sesostris kings of the Twelfth Dynasty were "triplets" not born on the same day but only to the same mother, Khenemhet nefer hedjet. The youngest, Sesostris I, ruled first and was pharoah of the Exodus. He was followed by his older half-brothers Sesostris II/Aaron who ruled in conflict with Sesostris III/Moses. This scenario shortens the timeline of the Dynasty because the kings were all contemporary, not successive.)

      Moses/Sesostris are also linked to Ethiopia/Cush. (Moses married Tharbis a Cushite princess, while Sesostris III ruled as king of Ethiopia and had sons there.)

      Both men, Moses and Sesostris III, are also linked to Canaan and can be located at Sekkim.(Moses transplanted Joseph's mummy there, and Sesostris III had military engagements there.) Likewise his (their) successor, Joshua/Amenemhet III continued activities in Sinai and Canaan.

      Sincerely, Aris M. Hobeth

      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 1 11:56 PM
        Dora

        > The issue is if it conformed to the rules for a ritual bath.

        Precisely. And if it doesn't, does that mean that it's not a miqvah, or
        that the persons who used it were not Jewish?

        aj