OFFLIST - J3t-nbs

  • A J
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Marianne

      What's your opinion on the attached?

      Jon reckons that the crossed circle at the end is the
      determinative, though it seems to me that the tree
      fulfils this role. Might it be part of the word J3t
      (as the 'loaf of bread' glyph appears to part of the
      word J3t)?

      aj

    • driver40386
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        --- In AncientBibleHistory@yahoogroups.com, A J <andrej1234au@...> wrote:

        > Hi Marianne
        >
        > What's your opinion on the attached?
        >
        > Jon reckons that the crossed circle at the end is the
        > determinative, though it seems to me that the tree
        > fulfils this role. Might it be part of the word J3t
        > (as the 'loaf of bread' glyph appears to part of the
        > word J3t)?
        ----

        :-)
        Don't you just hate it when that happens?, thats what happend to me
        with my "Did I miss something" post, I thought it was going straight
        to George. Good job I didn't say something controversial, heaven
        forbid that should happen ;-)

        So as this has now hit the list I might as well quote what it was I
        said concerning the Yat-nebes glyph we have been passing around
        between the three of us:

        "The set of glyphs you just showed me is something different.
        You may run this by Marianne, but I would say this particular set of
        glyphs is the name of a city, not a pool.
        The "n" (wavy line) has nothing to do with the set of three wavy lines
        in the other glyph. In this case the single wavy line is a phonogram
        meaning you pronounce it as "n". You also have a lower-leg pronounced
        "b" followed by a role of carpet, pronounced "s", hence "n-b-s"
        (tree). It is interesting that the last glyph (crossed-circle) denotes
        a settlement (town/city). Because of that I would say this is a
        settlement simply called "n-b-s" as in the tree nebes, not a mound of
        trees and certainly nothing to do with water or pools.
        Think of it this way, a mound with a settlement on top, like a tell,
        that is called the name of a tree. Remember Biblical Elim named after
        palm-trees? - I think this is much the same, see what Marianne says."

        Regards, Jon