I am what I am, and will not allow them to again make rebellion

  • andrej1234au
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 1, 2006
      Greetings

      Perhaps we will be doing the authors of the Exodus a disservice if we
      simply ignore the fact that the Israelites were, freed or bonded,
      labourers for Pharaoh, and that their account of their dispute with him
      may have been a distorted memory of a time past when labourers did
      indeed have a dispute with Pharaoh.

      The most well known incident is, of course, that which occurred during
      the reign of Ramesses III, touted the first worker's strike in human
      history.

      Does anyone have any information on this strike? What were it's causes
      (apart from the apparently obvious economic ones), who were it's
      instigators, and what were it's after effects?

      aj
    • andrej1234au