Re: Tablet Theory of Genesis Authorship

  • tzymosis
    Message 1 of 156 , Dec 1, 2005
      Dear John Croft,

      Brilliantly presented ! I was _not_ aware of this data. You are a
      widely-read gentleman !

      All the best, Walter
    • andrej1234au
      Message 156 of 156 , Apr 19, 2008
        George

        > > "What you seem to conveniently forget is that the name
        > > is a Phoenician transposition of Ea. Ea was the supreme
        > > god of Babylonia, as El was of the Canaanites.
        > > The identification is natural."
        >
        > Is this really the only point you want to hang your hat upon?

        Well, you've done it again, haven't you George?

        I asked you to please tell me when you think the Bible was penned.

        Obviously if your answer is considerably later than the time in which
        the Karatepe stele was inscibed, then any identification between the
        El of either is not as simple and straight forward as you would have
        us believe.

        And besides, the Bible only equates Yahweh with one other deity, and
        it isn't El.

        aj

        PS And the argument that by the time of the Karatepe stele El had
        ceased to become what he was during Ugaritic times is purely your
        own, George.