Re: ABH Re:Dating Moses ?

  • ethel jean saltz
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Well there's the academic date (cdrom timeline) 1280
      NC date ?????
      Quran date 2250

      --
      Be-ahavah oo-ve-shalom oo-ve-emet, Ethel Jean Saltz
      Salaam Ismail, Shalom Isaac Don't Hate -> Educate
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        Ethel,

        Since you are on a New Chronology list, I assume
        you will be able to replace the question marks
        fairly soon.

        As for myself, I find the whole New Chronology
        approach so confusing, I don't even want to
        assign a "date"...... instead, I use "sequence"
        to isolate my objects to the New Chronology approach.

        In this case, New Chronologists propose the Exodus
        happened while the Hyksos were ARRIVING in Egypt...
        or more certainly.... BEFORE the Hyksos expulsion.

        George

        --- In AncientBibleHistory@yahoogroups.com, ethel jean saltz
        <nietgal@a...> wrote:
        > Well there's the academic date (cdrom timeline) 1280
        > NC date ?????
        > Quran date 2250
        >

        > George wrote:
        > >
        > > Ethel,
        > >
        > > Which date are you asking about? The New Chronology
        >
        > --
        > Be-ahavah oo-ve-shalom oo-ve-emet, Ethel Jean Saltz
        > Salaam Ismail, Shalom Isaac Don't Hate -> Educate
        > Thought For Food C-O-H-N RAMBAM&SPINOZA
        > LANGUAGE, TRUTH AND LOGIC, A. J. Ayers A>ASSJAF
        > mailto: nietgal@a...
      • ethel jean saltz
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          EJ cdrom: Hyksos
          > political control over Egypt between approximately 1655 and 1570 B.C.E.

          So let's recap:

          Well there's the academic date (cdrom timeline) 1280
          NC-type date 1655-1570
          Quran date 2250

          Does this make sense? I'm not consulting NC, just trusting your methods.
          Did a random google and one summary of NC stuff on one site does suggest
          this range for NC-type thinking which agrees with your Hyksos clue.

          In any case, the three different dates represent different eras to me.
          100 years back then was forever for changes? I haven't a clue how these
          three years represent different metallic ages which y'all are experts
          on.

          So NC dates the Exodus c.400 years earlier and the Quran 1000 years
          earlier. Of course, Silberman & Finkelstein say it never happened.

          ================================

          George wrote:

          > In this case, New Chronologists propose the Exodus
          > happened while the Hyksos were ARRIVING in Egypt...
          > or more certainly.... BEFORE the Hyksos expulsion.

          --
          Be-ahavah oo-ve-shalom oo-ve-emet, Ethel Jean Saltz
          Salaam Ismail, Shalom Isaac Don't Hate -> Educate
          Thought For Food C-O-H-N RAMBAM&SPINOZA
          LANGUAGE, TRUTH AND LOGIC, A. J. Ayers A>ASSJAF
          mailto: nietgal@...
        • wmattfeld
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
            <nietgal@a...> wrote:
            > In any case, the three different dates represent different eras to
            me.

            Dear Ethel,

            I can sympathize with your confusion as regards three different
            dates. Yet, my research suggests that the Exodus, although fiction
            as presented in the Bible, is recalling real events from different
            eras. The Hyksos expulsion ca. 1540 BCE; the Apiru/Habiru Amarna Era
            uprisings ca. 1340 BCE; the Ramesside era Sinai wanderings of miners
            at Serabit el Khadim and Har Timna, ca. 1260 BCE; the 1130 BCE
            invasions of Arameans from Syria (between Damascus and Haran)in Iron
            IA; and an Exodus route of ca. 562 BCE; all of this conflated and
            fused together in a biblical presentaion of an Exodus occuring ca.
            1446 BCE (cf. 1 Kings 6:1). Regards, Walter
          • ethel jean saltz
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
              Very good and thanks. My mind is exploding from visualizing all these
              places and times. But it's just like playing a video game. Only it's
              much more mind-bending.

              It certainly is a parallel to fusing all the Gods. It also makes the
              Hebrew Bible a source of philosophy for me. Philosophy meaning
              understanding the "common mind". Although Spinoza suggested that one
              can't merge philosophy with religion, perhaps I've misunderstood him by
              applying it to his understanding of the Bible. Perhaps his Treatise
              didn't mean that the Bible couldn't be used for philosophy; only that
              the religious use of the Bible couldn't be called philosophy. Your
              input is helpful.