Re: The TWO Cleansings of the Temple?

  • jdcroft
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2002
      Scotty wrote

      > The information is human, only the translation is divine. Much of
      > the Bible came in this manner. At any rate it is there to taste or
      > not.

      Scotty, much of the translation is also human... Have you ever seen
      Neil Douglas Klotz's translations from the Lord's Prayer in Aramaic?
      Very different meanings to the conventional "Our Father, Who Art in
      Heaven." The word Abba (for father) in Aramaic is familiar, a little
      like a cross between "Our Daddy" and "The Old Man". Jesus in praying
      to the divine in this manner was being revolutionary... using a
      familiarity not translated in "Our Father"...

      Regards

      John