72396Re: ABH YHWH & Leviathan Twin Serpents?

  • cosmogenesnm
    Jan 31, 2014

      Under Persian influence YHWH was chose as the Hebrew equivalent of MAZDA, or AHURA ("Lord") MAZDA ("Wise"). To avoid any conflicting interpretations, YHWH was in most cases replaced with ADONAI, meaning "My Lord", just as Zarathustra sometimes addresses his god as AHURA ("Lord"), or as MAZDA ("Wisdom").

      See e.g. "A great god is Ahuramazda, who created this earth, who created yonder sky, who created man, who created happiness for man, who made Xerxes king, one king of many, one lord of many.....by the grace of Ahuramazda I destroyed that sanctuary of demons, and I proclaimed: 'The demons shall not be worshipped!' Where previously the demons were worshiped, there I worshiped Ahuramazda at the proper time and in the proper manner. And there was other business that had been done ill. That I made good. That which I did, all I did by the grace of Ahuramazda. Ahuramazda bore me aid until I completed the work. [Xerxes, "Daiva inscription"

      http://www.livius.org/aa-ac/achaemenians/XPh.html

      AC

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic