lookie here

  • michael white
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      look at the head on this one, not a local girl :

      http://www.starchildproject.com/analysis-02.html

      kr
      sparky
    • Chris Patenaude
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
        Um, maybe I'm dyslexic, I dont see a picture link??
        CAP

        --- michael white <infoplz@...> wrote:

        > look at the head on this one, not a local girl :
        >
        > http://www.starchildproject.com/analysis-02.html
        >

        > kr
        > sparky

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • mike white
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001

             poor navigation on this site, try this

          mike

          Um, maybe I'm dyslexic, I dont see a picture link??
          CAP

          --- michael white <infoplz@...> wrote:

          >    look at the head on this one, not a local girl :
          >
          > http://www.starchildproject.com/analysis-02.html
          >

          > kr
          > sparky

        • Chris Patenaude
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2001
            I have to say that this is not at all outside of
            normal human parameters. There are Native children
            seen in Mezo and SAm'n. populations today with this
            particular genetic 'deformity' although THEY may see
            it as a benign or even favorable 'look'.

            I doubt the studies that claim 'binding' or
            Cradleboard lashing creates a permanent 'soft spot'. I
            have seen many photos and reports of skulls from human
            groups worldwide who practiced that and see no lack of
            proper fusion in the sutures at all.

            This 'Starchild' skull cannot be relegated to the
            non-bound catagory simply on the LACK of a 'softspot'
            and a 'strange' seeming (to us Euro-long-heads) shape.

            See my attachments as example. As an artist, I show a
            very typical form of NatAm'n cradle-board binding and
            the normal results as seen on the SC skull. This is a
            'barebones' diagram, not including the cusioning there
            would have been placed between the baby's head and the
            wood frame. Note on the view of the skull-back, there
            even seems to be a coresponding horizontal groove at
            the bottom of the skull, just above the basal
            rounding, exactly where one would expect to see a
            dimple from padding used inside the frame.

            The lateral pressure front to back on the skull would
            have naturally created bulging to the sides as the
            bones continued to grow and access space for the
            brain. This pattern shape is seen many times over
            among specimens from head-binding cultures worldwide.
            I do not understand why this particular one has been
            singled out for sensationalism. My opinions. CAP