Re: Atlantis between Gadeira and the Atlas. The true location, according to Plato!!

  • michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      i think there are few that would agree with your opinion on the
      location of atlantis. we have been tolerant, and you have had a
      chance to post your ideas. please do not state that our opinion is
      motivated by the sale of any book. this is not true. there are
      author members on several of my lists. they are sometimes permitted
      to plug their books, when accompanied by extracts, or other
      contribution to our discussions, but we remain free thinkers.
      there are several translations of plato, with only minor
      differences noted. i have yet to read one that causes me to think
      that atlantis was located that close to gibraltar, either within or
      without the gates. first of all, the location you cite is not large
      enough to agree with a land as large as libya and asia combined.
      even if 'asia' is assumed to mean asia-minor.
      you seem to think all other opinions are inferior, and inspired by
      cultism and the occult. are you aware that both plato and solon
      spent 22 years in study at the temple mystery schools of egypt? they
      were both mystics, initiated, and enlightened - in the wisdom that is
      occult to you. its certainly possible that plato created this
      dialogue as a vehicle for information that he heard first-hand in
      egypt. he no doubt at least verified the information while a student
      there.
      since plato was a mystic, there is no harm in getting further
      facts from other great mystics and psychics. so one naturally looks
      to cayce and blavatsky. there is much given by these two, that
      increases our knowledge of this era, and without contradiction to
      plato.
      atlantis began as a continent, but its size was reduced by three
      great geological disasters. originally, it extended from the gates
      of herakles to the bahamas, and possibly beyond. by the time cited
      by plato it had shrank to an island near the bahamas. plato gave a
      description of its capitol, poseidia.
      this is my opinion, arrived at thru study, its open to change when
      evidence warrants, but is not for sale.
      another group has a poll going now, as to the location of
      atlantis. there are about a dozen choices, but nobody listed your
      location. it must be a very minority view.
      your expedition [or guided tour] may find some evidence of
      atlanteans in that area, they were there as traders and warriors.
      you would likely find more evidence of them in the pyrenees, where
      they migrated after the disaster of 50,000 bce. the basque are
      descendants of atlanteans.

      regards
      sparky

      --- In Ancient-Mysteries@yahoogroups.com, Georgeos Díaz-Montexano