RE: [Ancient-Mysteries] The Ultimate Secret of the Mayan Calendar - Part 1

  • Keefe, Carolyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
      Message
      Has anyone ever heard of "The Great Year" by Walter Cruttenden?

      Here is an excerpt from "The Great Year" web-site.  I found this totally fascinating:

       1. The great year is a period of 24,000 years; 12,000 years ascending into a higher age, and 12,000 years descending into a lower age. The ancient Egyptians, Sumerians, Megalithic builders, Indians and other ancient cultures knew it as the precession of the equinox.

      2. Just as the day is one spin of the Earth on its axis, and the year is one revolution of the Earth around the Sun, so too is one great year based on a celestial motion: one orbit of our Sun around its binary center of mass.

      3. Just as the day has light and darkness and the year has summer and winter, so too does the great year have its golden age and dark age.

      4. Just as the time of a day can be told by the position of the Sun in the sky, and the time of year can be told by the position of the Sun on the horizon, so too can the time of the great year be told by the position of the Sun relative to the 12 ancient constellations of the zodiac. The daily time system of 24 periods (hours) made of two 12 period sections (AM and PM), left to us by ancient cultures on both hemispheres, is a microcosm of the great year principal.

      5. The precession of the equinox (through the zodiac) acts as the clock of the great year. The moving equinox (relative to inertial space) is driven by the curved motion of the Sun through space.

      6. Precession is not caused by lunisolar forces, nor does the Earth act like a top relative to the Sun. Precession is a direct result of the Sun’s binary motion which produces a commensurate change in Earth orientation, a.k.a. precession.

      7. The low point, or dark age of the great year is when the Sun and its companion were at apoasis, their furthest point apart. This last occurred in 499AD. We are now about 1500 years into the ascending phase and consciousness is expanding.

      8. The high point, of the next golden age, will occur at periapsis when the Sun and its companion are closest to each other. This last occurred in 11,500 BC and will next occur in 12,500 AD.

      9. The expansion of consciousness in the ascending cycle is due to the Sun’s binary motion bringing the Earth closer to the beneficial influence of the magnetic center. The contraction of consciousness in the descending phase is due to the Sun’s motion carrying us away from the magnetic center.

      10. The magnetic center or grand center is thought to be in the region of Alcyon in the Pleiades. There is significant folklore and myth related to this star and this constellation.

      11. The exact mechanics that draw us closer to the region, and the mechanism of influence upon consciousness are not well understood in the current age. However, it is known that most stars are binary or multiple systems, most stars are in constant motion and that consciousness is affected by light on the retina, negative ions in the atmosphere, radiation and other subtle forces.

      12. Both the ascending and descending cycle are made of four “ages” analogous to the four seasons: the two poles are the dark age or winter of man, called the iron age by the Greeks and Kali yuga by the Indians; and the age of enlightenment or summer of man, called theGolden age or Satya yuga. Following is a chart of the ages and their respective lengths. We are currently in the 304th year of the Dwapara yuga.

      13. The archeological record supports the construct of a great year: The evidence of advanced civilizations in ancient Sumeria, Egypt, India, Mesoamerica, Megalithic Europe, and many more still being discovered, is overwhelming. The fact they all declined into a world wide dark age is obvious and evidence of a descending cycle. The renaissance, agricultural, industrial, information and biotech revolutions all evidence an ascending consciousness.

      14. Just as the first day of spring is not always warmer than the last day of winter, so too do the ages unfold slightly unevenly. The current era carries many paradigms of the recent material dark age while mankind struggles towards the light of a higher age. A dangerous time is passing when mankind has access to higher technologies but still harbors the material thoughts of a lower age.

      15. Precession now equates to one cycle in 25,770 years only because we are near apoapsis, the slow part of the elliptical orbit. According to Kepler’s laws, as the Sun moves towards periapsis, the rate will continue to accelerate and will average near 24,000 years.

      16. The Yuga cycle of India is incorrectly interpreted by many to consist of “divine years” resulting in rising and falling ages on a scale so vast as to be meaningless to man. Such longer cycles may exist, however, precession, the great year and the original meaning of the yugas, referred to the cyclical movement of the equinox through the zodiac; a period equaling 24,000 years.

      17. Hamlet’s Mill, the epic work by Hertha von Dechend, professor of the history of science at the University of Frankfurt, and Giorgio de Santillana, professor of the history and philosophy of science at M.I.T., shows the link between myth and astronomy. They describe myth and folklore as the scientific language of yore, and point out that precession was the number one topic of discussion in ancient science and was known to ancient cultures around the world.

      18. The current paradigm of history was developed by British and French explorers, investigating and writing about Egyptian and megalithic ruins on the heels of Darwin’s book: Origin of the Species. Their Judeo Christian backgrounds, over extrapolation of Darwinian principles, and lack of information on the astronomical alignments of the structures they were investigating, led them to conclude the structures were built by primitive man. This paradigm has continued to the present.

      19. New technology is driving new discoveries of what is currently considered anomalous archaeological evidence. The dating of the sphinx to more than twice its heretof ore acknowledged age, the finding of a huge new 9000 year old civilzation in the Bay of Cambay, and other exciting discoveries will eventually cause the current paradigm to fall and allow the acceptance of the great year.

      20. Better knowledge of the great year concept and construct, its cosmological basis and its link with consciousness, will change the way man views: history, archeology, paleontology, anthropology, solar system mechanics, religion, spirituality and consciousness and a number of other subjects of major importance. Establishing the solar system as a new moving reference frame, and the great year as a new system of long cycle chronology will also be quite helpful to the scientific community. Fun times ahead in the ascending age.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
        Dear Carolyn

        Be wary here on this point, regarding the length of the precessional
        year. Some people say 24000 years. Others, for example, quote the
        Maya and give their date of precisely 26000 years (each year equal to
        360 days). Some also quote Babylon, and give an answer of 25920 years
        (each year being 365.24218 days). I will say this, of myself; I
        personally believe that the correct and true IDEAL precessional cycle
        was once 25920 years, each year being 360 days in length. But, that
        the cycle itself has been transformed such that it is currently
        25770.5 years, each being 365.24218 days. This latter value I give is
        in fact the currently observed value for precession. You have to be
        wary because the principle frequencies and magnitudes of the
        celestial bodies of the solar system have been transformed. When
        somebody says that the precessional cycle is 24000 years, they are
        assuming, either explicitly or implicitly that it is some sort
        of 'ideal' fixed value. This may not be the case. In fact, it
        probably is not the case. I myself think that the Babylonians had it
        right when they gave an ideal precessional cycle of 25920 years, each
        being 360 days in length, but that precession itself has been
        transformed to its current value of 25770.5 years, of 365.24218 days.

        Sincerely

        LR

        --- In Ancient-Mysteries@yahoogroups.com, "Keefe, Carolyn"

        Mysteries@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mondra Rose
        Mysteries@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Ancient-Mysteries] The Ultimate Secret of the Mayan
        Calendar - Part 1

> [...]
        > socio-political arenas in the next few years. Two
        > "bifurcation points" of extreme change in 2003
        > and 2008 were established from ''studies of more
        > local cycles of planetary movement as well as the
        > statistically-estimated timing of the most
        > significant population changes in China." There
        > is no doubt that dramatic changes have already
        > come into view since the publication of
        > Smelyakov's work in 1999. The accuracy of his
        > predictions is further enhanced by the fact that
        > in December, 2000, he correctly pinpointed the
        > September 11 date (within a ten-day window
        > surrounding September 16) as an "extremely
        > dangerous" time for humanity, associated with
        > airplane or other crashes, economic failures, and
        > warfare. Even the nations involved in the
        > problem, including the USA, Israel and
        > Afghanistan, were included in his prediction,
        > which was mentioned in The Mountain Astrologer

      • steven mckenzie
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2006
          ahh, good point, earth is not a static thing, it moves
          in it's on rhytms, people have this damned stiff
          ideals based in 19th centuary ideas
          and most still holding on to bibical beliefs
          heck until the 60;s we did not accept plate
          techtonics, it was till 1924 the universe was the
          milky way
          --- lightrespite <PMHConclave@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > the Bay of Cambay,
          > and other exciting discoveries will eventually cause
          > the current
          > paradigm to fall and allow the acceptance of the
          > great year.
          > >
          > > 20. Better knowledge of the great year concept and
          > construct, its
          > cosmological basis and its link with consciousness,
          > will change the
          > way man views: history, archeology, paleontology,
          > anthropology, solar
          > system mechanics, religion, spirituality and
          > consciousness and a
          > number of other subjects of major importance.
          > Establishing the solar
          > system as a new moving reference frame, and the
          > great year as a new
          > system of long cycle chronology will also be quite
          > helpful to the
          > scientific community. Fun times ahead in the

          Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.

          ~Joseph Campbell

          So far, therefore, as the public profession of magic has been one of the roads by which men have passed to supreme power, it has contributed to emancipate mankind from the thraldom of tradition and to elevate them into a larger, freer life, with a broader outlook on the world. This is no small service rendered to humanity. And when we remember further that in another direction magic has paved the way for science, we are forced to admit that if the black arts has done much evil, it has also been the source of much good; that if it is the child of error, it has been the mother of freedom and truth.

          http://mail.yahoo.com