Alto-Neo-Hittites

  • Stanford Mommaerts-Browne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2007
      I am trying to research 'succession' to the Hittites in the West of
      Anatolia. Onomastics would give evidence that there were survivals
      amongst the Lydians; and it seems to me that there might have been
      some carry over among the Phrygians, too. The evidence, like so much
      else, in this matter, is sparse, but, together, we might uncover
      something.
      One instance of the onomastic remainder is the name of the 'Heraklid'
      king of Lydia, Myrsilos. Surely this is none other than the Hittite
      name Mursilis!
    • Cami McCraw
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2011
        Be sure you see the message I just posted.
        -Cami
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/NewChronology/