Re: moog prodigy modifications / repairs !! (update) (cross-posted)

  • robert andrew scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
      Hello again.

      I've managed to accomplish all of the modifications that I had
      planned. . as well as some others. . I will post some information and
      pictures this week.

      I do have two remaining questions.

      Can anyone tell me:
      1- how to control the two OSCs seperately with two CV inputs?
      2- whether or not it is safe to clean the Prodigy's sliders with
      WD-40, generic switch cleaner, etc ?

      Thanks to those of you who have emailed me with input and encouragement.

      -robert andrew scott
      [ www.katreil.com ]
      [ (540) 842-5985 ]

      --- In AnalogueSynthesisers@yahoogroups.com, "robert andrew scott"
      <quiet_channel@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > . . I've determined that I have the earlier version of the Prodigy.
      > Also, I've got my Audio Input working perfectly..
      >
      > I still could use any advice on the Filter Control Input, the
      > switch issue, and on the FM filter mod (which is trickier on the
      > earlier models, apparently)..
      >

      > Thanks a lot !
      >
      > -robert andrew scott
      > [ www.katreil.com ]
      > [ (540) 842-5985 ]
      >

      > --- In AnalogueSynthesisers@yahoogroups.com, "robert andrew scott"
      > <quiet_channel@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi.
      > >
      > > I've got a prodigy with CV/gate-inputs. I don't know if these were
      > > originally built-in or if Mike Bucki (moog tech) installed them
      > > later. I don't know because my unit hasn't got the panel with the
      > > serial number.. I bought just the electronics without a keyboard
      > or
      > > case and have built the unit into a pine box.. So, its just a
      > module
      > > that I'm currently controlling with my Korg Mono/Poly.
      > >

      > > I would like to install an audio input jack and a filter FM
      > > control. .
      > >
      > > - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - --- - - -- - - --
      > > The Filter Mod info is here:
      > >
      > http://www.physicsenterprises.andrews.edu/diy_archive/manuals/moog/pr
      > > odigy/prod9.gif
      > >
      > > or here:
      > >
      > http://www.physicsenterprises.andrews.edu/diy_archive/manuals/moog/pr
      > > odigy/prodmod.txt
      > >
      > > or here:
      > > http://mysterycircuits.com/projects.html
      > >

      > > and the Audio Input Mod info is here:
      > >
      > http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Moog/Prodigy/mods/moog.pr
      > > odigy.audio.input.mod.txt
      > >
      > > or here:
      > > http://www.synhouse.com/prodigy2.html
      > >
      > > - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - --- - - -- - - --
      > >

      > > Now, I realize that these modifications should be very painless. .
      > > but not in my case. The previous owner silicon-ed the knobs onto
      > the
      > > pots!! So, I can't look at the component side of my Prodigy's
      > board.
      > >
      > > If anyone could guide me to the proper solder points on the back
      > of
      > > the board, I would very very much appreciate it and I am even
      > > offering a slight financial reimbursement for the time and energy.
      > >

      > > Please let me know if you'll work with me on this.
      > > It will probably involve looking at the schematics and taking a
      > few
      > > pictures with your digital camera.
      > >
      > > Thanks a lot !
      > >

      > > -robert andrew scott
      > > [ www.katreil.com ]
      > > [ (540) 842-5985 ]
      > >

      > > Also, what do you do when the two position switches (Osc Mod
      > On/Off,
      > > Filt Mod On/Off, Mod Shape..) don't move as freely as they should?
      > > In fact, I have to be very careful to switch the Osc Mod On/Off at
      > > all.. Maybe there're dirty? Or there could be some internal

    • James Reeno
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
        what do you guys think of the Moog source?

        To my ears, in a mix, it sounds a lot like a Minimoog.

        wrote:

> [...]
        > > > the board, I would very very much appreciate it
        > and I am even
        > > > offering a slight financial reimbursement for
        > the time and energy.
        > > >

        > > > Please let me know if you'll work with me on
        > this.
        > > > It will probably involve looking at the
        > schematics and taking a
        > > few
        > > > pictures with your digital camera.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks a lot !
        > > >

        > > > -robert andrew scott
        > > > [ www.katreil.com ]
        > > > [ (540) 842-5985 ]
        > > >

        > > > Also, what do you do when the two position
        > switches (Osc Mod
        > > On/Off,
        > > > Filt Mod On/Off, Mod Shape..) don't move as
        > freely as they should?
        > > > In fact, I have to be very careful to switch the
        > Osc Mod On/Off at
        > > > all.. Maybe there're dirty? Or there could be

        REENO
        SPAZZOID ENTERTAINMENT
        HTTP://SPAZZOID.COM

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.