RE: [AnTirYAC] My son wants to start fighting

  • Rich Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15 7:25 PM
      We are not planning to attend coronation this weekend, so if there is anyone in the area interested in getting together around some Youth Combat, we're available.  We can talk about armor, weapons, etc, let the boys play.  Whatever.

      Maybe fire up a grill or something, too.

      To: AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
      From: hljpcolbert@...
      Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:01:59 -0700
      Subject: Re: [AnTirYAC] My son wants to start fighting

      A march baby, he is in good company.  I will be turning 44 in march.  Getting him equipped early can be a little tricky. Make sure to get gear he can grow into. If you equip him now he may outgrow it before he can actually use it.  I was lucky my son grew very little between the ages of 11 and 17 so I did not have to upgrade it every few months like many parents end up needing to do.

      Sent from my HTC Oneā„¢ X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

      From: talmoor@...
      Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:52:09 -0700

           By current youth armored combat rules he is a little to young to be in the program. Ages start at 6 years old. That being said there is nothing that stops you from playing with him, and getting him some gear to "play" with others in your camp. Non official like. There is a facebook group for the kingdom for yac.

      richard_thomas89 <harbqll@...> wrote:

           Hi there.

      My son, who will be 5 next March, has wanted to fight ever since he could ask for it.  (Or, as he calls it, to "play bonky-head").

      My lady and I used to both fight, but I haven't actually been in armor since the late 90's.  For her it's been even longer.  My fighter's card is long since lost, and I don't remember much of anything.

      We live in Glymm Mere, and there isn't much here as far as Youth Fighting goes, so I'd need to get him hooked up with a group that has more young fighters.

      I could also use some resources on armor.  Some things I can make using the excellent resources on this site, but some things are probably better to be bought - his helmet for instance.  Can anyone give me contact info on a good armorer who does child-sized work?

      Thanks,

      Brother Michael of Oxford