New Classes and information re Youth Althing

  • Mericke de Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013

      The Shire of Midhaven is once again holding a Youth Althing. A day of learning and fun for our youth and families where games and gleeful noise is welcomed by all! There will be a variety of activities for all age groups and lunch will be provided by our talented chefs. Fighting? We’re planning that too! Armor up your youths! Come fight with your friends! Site opens Saturday, April 13 @ 9:00 a.m. and closes @ 6:00 p.m. We ask that you please pre-register so that we have a good idea of how many children we will need supplies for.
      If you plan on bringing a minor and you are not the parent/guardian, please have the child's parent fill out the following Medical Authorization, including a copy of parent's photo id (sensative info such as SSN may be blacked out but name and signature must be visable). Please bring one copy to leave at the gate and one copy to remain with child.    http://www.antir.sca.org/Pubs/forms/04_MinorMedical_US.pdf

      All minors will also need a Minor Consent form filled out. To save time at gate, please fill it out ahead of time and present upon arrival.
      Multiple children in a single family/belonging to a single parent or legal guardian may use the following form:

      Confirmed Activities: Most are on drop-in basis. Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon!
      -Needle Felting
      -Silk Painting ($2 materials fee requested)

      -Charter Painting
      -Touch and Try On Armor Demo
      -Youth Armored Combat
      -Face Painting
      -Kids Caber Toss
      -How To Play Recorder
      -Barter Table (bring something to to trade, preferably handmade)
      -Bog Coat Class: Please contact event steward to register for this class. Limited spots available.
         Class Length= approx. 1 hour       11am Class For Children 4+, 2pm Class for Adults
         Baroness Arianne of Falconmoors, founding Baroness of Aquaterra wishes to invite all 4 years or older to participate in a class on how to make a bog coat.  Those under 10 may need to have an adult with them.  There is NO COST to take this class.  If you want to make your bog coat during the class, you will need material wide enough to reach from wrist to wrist, scissors, some straight pins, thread to match the material, measuring tape and you.  You start the measurments at your arm pits, go up over the front of your shoulders and down the back as long as you wish the coat to be.  I recommend that the bottom be at least 3 inches off of the ground.  If bringing material, please wash and dry it before you get to site. If you have classes or other fun things to do at these times you are welcome to just come by and get a pattern.  I will have one for all that want them.

      Website: www.midhaven.antir.sca.org

      Event Steward: Elizabeth of Fernhill (Liz Proctor) 360-770-7346 otakumom83@...
      Site Fee: $10 for adults with a $5.00, adult, non-member surcharge. $8 for children 4-17. Children 3 and under are free. Lunch is included with your site fee. Make checks payable to the "Shire of Midhaven, SCA Inc." To pre-register, please contact HL Michael FitzGeoffrey at michaelfitzgeoffrey@... .
      Site Info:
      Name: Sedro Woolley Community Center
      703 Pacific Street
      Sedro Woolley, WA 98284