Youth Combat picnic

  • godvonravsca
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2008
      Youth Armoured Combat is an up and coming group of fighters and I
      think we need to build a group of Tir Righ contenders!! To this end
      we will be independently hosting a picnic on Sat. May 17/08. ( this
      is not an SCA event) Unfortunately we can't make the drive to Crown
      so in this way at least we can support the Kingdom and prepare the
      next generation for war.

      *We will have a sword making class so you can go home with your own
      weapon. (ADULTS must be prepared to participate)

      *We will make a serviceable gorget

      *We will discuss the latest rule set and start teaching the kids.

      *We will be looking for adults interested in assisting and fostering
      the YAC in Tir Righ (most especially from the adult Heavy Fighters)

      We welcome all gentles who are looking for some companionship and an
      afternoon of fun. Please bring a project to work on !

      To Bring:

      -youth

      -picnic (we'll have a BBQ available for your use)

      -project to keep idle hands busy

      For those youth who are interested in actually using their new
      swords, please bring at minimum the following (we will have a LIMITED
      amount of loaner gear)

      - Hockey style helmet (with a face cage)

      - groin protection (for boys)

      - gloves

      - knee and elbow pads

      - closed to shoes

      - long sleeve shirt

      When : May 17, 2008 10AM - 4PM

      Where:

      Harris Road Co-Op

      19250 - 119 ave Pitt Meadows, BC

      http://maps.google.com/maps?
      ie=UTF8&q=19250+119+Ave,+Pitt+Meadows,+BC,+Canada&ll=49.220681,-
      122.688103&spn=0.011941,0.029011&z=15&iwloc=addr

      Cost : Donation to cover the cost of materials for sword + gorget

      Contact : HLS Desiree Chirastella (mka Mary Kittel) 604-839-7949 or
      email desgod (at) hotmail (dot) com
    • Daniel Ramey
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2008

        Huzzah!