YAC Info for the New Year

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2013

      Greetings to All,

      Okay, now that we have managed to survive both the Mayan apocalypse and the start of a new year, (not to mention my loss internet service for a week), it is time once again to talk about YAC. Oh, and by the way, I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season.

      The first order of business should be 12th Night. Unfortunately, due to mundane life responsibilities, I will not be able to attend this Event. In my absence, Tamar will be holding a YAC Meeting on Saturday at 9:00 am. (LOL, I see she is way ahead of me on this and has already posted it to both FB and Yahoo - I need to play catch up...).

      Next on the agenda would then be the announcement to introduce our new YAC Western Regional Deputy – Myrick the Bear. For those of you who do not know Myrick, he hails from the Barony of Dragonslaire, where he also acts as their YAC Warden. So, a joyful noise for our new Western Regional Deputy….Huzzzah!

      Now this next item might appear to be bit crass on my part since I will not be making it down to 12th Night, but I would like to extend an invitation to all to come to Ursulmas 2013 – January 26 & 27; the link is below. Things will be a bit different this year with the venue being split between two buildings instead of being held in just the horse arena however, there will still be YAC activities to enjoy both days.

      On Saturday, there will be St. Ursul Youth Armored Combat Tournament. Sign in at Lists will start at 10:00 am Saturday at the YAC information area with the tournament starting at noon.

      On Sunday thrill to the challenge of a YAC Mixed Weapons Melee; scheduled for 1:00 pm at the YAC Erics.  Any warrior brave enough to enter will have the use of various weapons and the encouragement (and instruction) of former YAC fighters in the art of mixed battles.

      See the Official Site for all the details or feel free to contact me directly or post any questions here.

      http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=3175

      Other news - before my internet went down and the holidays hit, I made a whole bunch of changes to the Files on the Yahoo Group. (And be warned, I am still not done) However, since I never heard any cries of alarm or dismay, I have to wonder if anyone actually looked to see what new things were posted. One of the things that I did end up adding to this section was the 3rd revision of the Marshallate Handbook that I have been trying to complete for the last couple of years. (I do have an excuse though, since every time I think I have one of the sections completed, I learn something else about Kingdom Law/Society Policy and then have to go back and change it). So for those of you, who are interested, please go take a look at what has been written so far and give me some feedback.

      In reality, there are a number of other items I need to address but as usual the combination of a busy schedule and little time are going to keep me from discussing them at length. So please share any comments, concerns, complaints or other issues with Tamar at the meeting at 12th Night. And if you can attend Ursulmas (and make sure you stop by the YAC area to say hi or help out with all the activities – I can always use extra marshals – no experience needed / training provided).

      One quick reminder, the Background Check Process appears to be working properly but if you have sent paperwork in to Corporate during the last couple of months and have yet to hear anything please contact me ASAP so we can solve an issues that might have occurred.

      YIS

      HL Jólgeirr Álarson

      YAC Kingdom Deputy

      mka Jordan Boswell

      boshorde@...

      425-239-2269

    • Pixie & Jason
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        So I take this to mean that YAC fighters should not pre-registar with the Ursulmas list mistress for the St. Ursul Youth Armored Combat Tournament.

        Sarah Maiser
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
          That is correct, I will have a email out tomorrow detailing Ursulmas and also talk about the return of a practice location for Aquaterra!!!!

          YIS

          Jólgeirr