Public Service Announcement concerning Background Checks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2012

      Greetings to All,

      Public Service Announcement: This email is being posted to both the Yahoo and Facebook Group as well as being sent out to a number of individuals in an attempt to make sure everyone is aware of the situation, so please forgive the duplication. Furthermore, the content of this email only applies to those individuals who currently reside in the lands mundanely known as the United States.

      Once again, there have been problems with the background check process. I have (yet again) notified the proper individuals at both the Kingdom and Corporate level and have been assured that (yet again) they are working to both address and correct these issues. I will not bore you with the details but instead ask for your patience (yet again) while we wait for a resolution.

      As this weekend is July Coronation, (which I am unable to attend) I am not sure if there will be enough time to resolve any of this until next week. However, as soon as I receive any updates I will be sure to post them. I would ask you to please remember to be polite and courteous if you decide you want to discuss this issue with any of the other Kingdom Officers involved in the process, (specifically our Kingdom Seneschal or our current and future Background Check Deputy).

      If you have questions concerning your specific “status” within the process, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss them.

      For those of you who have already filled out the necessary paperwork and sent them down to Corporate, I need to know whether or not you have received any type of correspondence.

      For those of you who have already sent me your information and are awaiting the blank forms from the Kingdom Seneschal’s Office, I have been told they will be forthcoming.

      For those of you who have inquired about becoming a YAC marshal (and I hope that reading about these issues does not dissuade you from becoming part of this wonderful program, which I might add is continuing to grow within our great Kingdom), I will be contacting you as soon as I can with more details. Obviously, this latest crisis has once again caused me to fall behind on answering emails.

      As always, especially under these recent circumstances, remember my two week rule: If you have contacted me using some sort of media and have not received a reply within two weeks, feel free to send me out some type of reminder.

      YIS

      HL Jólgeirr Álarson

      YAC Kingdom Deputy

      mka Jordan Boswell