Fw: [antir-fighters] Marshal meeting notes from May Crown -- Part 2 of 3
--- On Wed, 6/20/12, Althaia <quarong@...> wrote:
From: Althaia <quarong@...>
Subject: [antir-fighters] Marshal meeting notes from May Crown -- Part 2 of 3
To: "Fighters email list" <antir-fighters@...>, email@example.com
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 12:12 AMAN TIR MARSHALS MEETING -- MAY CROWN 2012 (5/19/12) -- Part 2 of 3
REQUIREMENT TO VERIFY COMBATANTS AT EVENTS AGAINST THE DATABASE -- Thank
you to all of the marshals and lists staff who have completed this
additional task since Ursalmas and reported the information to Viscount
Matheus. It helped him gain a more accurate understanding of the accuracy
of our records. It is no longer necessary to send this information in.
LISTS DATABASE and fighter & marshal cards:
* Per the ABC's, the database is the official record of authorized
fighters and marshals, not your yellow card. The Lists database can be
viewed at <http://antirlists.org> http://antirlists.org .
* It is the responsibility of the fighter or marshal receiving the
card to verify that their information has been correctly entered into the
Lists database. If you do not see it there within 6-8 weeks, then check
with the person who took the top half of your card and with Kingdom Lists to
see where the paperwork has been delayed.
* Legibility is vital or Lists cannot enter your information correctly
or contact you if there's a problem. Please do not use abbreviations for
branches or cities, as this is a large Kingdom, and abbreviations common in
your area may be unknown to those entering the card.
* Marshals signing cards: Make sure your own marshal and SCA
membership card are current before signing. Immediately send all paperwork
to Kingdom Lists. (Current officer addresses are at
* If you are using the postal service to mail in cards, keep a copy of
the top half just in case the original goes missing. (Also copies of any
* Cards and promotion forms will be accepted electronically via PDF or
JPG file as long as they are clearly legible and have handwritten signatures
in the relevant blanks. Send them to <mailto:lists@...>
* HL Jenae la Joyeaux will be stepping down at September Crown. Her
replacement has been selected.
"ARE YOU SATISFIED?"
* Two marshals from Tir Righ share some of the background about how
this question came to be asked after so many bouts: It was a response to
repeated instances in which the fighters left the field with one person
being declared as the winner, then coming back later wanting to re-fight the
bout. Asking this question was seen as a way of clarifying the conflict was
really resolved, so re-fights would not occur.
* Fighters should be instructed at the beginning of every competition
that once they leave the eric they cannot come back and re-fight, they need
to resolve everything while still on the field.
* Rapier -- Don Luciano confirms that His Majesty Ieuan gave
permission at 12th Night for the rapier community to continue using this
question at their discretion.
* Armored -- Viscount Matheus reaffirms that this question will NOT
be used on the armored field, due to that community's discomfort with the
implications that the marshal saw a problem the fighters missed. If the
marshal is unclear on who won a bout, they can politely ask for
clarification from the fighters using other phrases.
REPORTS & FORMS -- All officers need to use the forms on the Kingdom
website when submitting their reports. Forms can now be saved after they
are filled out and then emailed to the appropriate officer. There is a
discussion about setting up a way to submit this information directly on the
website as Avacal does, so stay tuned.
* An Tir manuals can be downloaded at
http://www.antir.sca.org/Pubs/index.php#combat.shelf and forms from
* Society manuals can be downloaded at
* The Marshal Leadership is looking at revisions to the waiver YAC
participants must sign at each tournament, and which accompany the ongoing
authorization for older teens participating in adult armored and rapier
combat. There is also discussion of a practice roster form for YAC
practices. If you have any thoughts on these issues, please send them in
CONTINUED IN PART 3
Maestra Althaia filia Lazari
Marshal, Lists Deputy, & Curia Clerk
Member of Clan Carn & Dragon's Laire
antir-fighters mailing list