Re: [antir-fighters] Re: [antir-marshals] Reminder- WAR MOOT OCT 29th!!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2006
      I will be there, and I will be bringing Alex.  I was not planning on attending at first, because I hurt my back so will not be able to fight, but I can still marshal, both youth and heavy if needed.  I encourage anyone from our Barony who has kids who are interested in trying Youth Combat to come as well, Mathias has some loaner armor, so they can try it.  He  and his lady were the kind gentles who ran the Youth Armored Tournament at Autumn War, and are even more empassioned about promoting Youth armored combat than I am.
         Hope to see you all there,
           Jean-Pierre

      Matthew Mason <mathiasgeirson@...> wrote:
      I would like to add that there will be a Youth Combat Fighter Practice held at the Oct 29th War Moot. Parents, bring your young fighters and we'll have a day of learning and fun. Any Heavys who can help work with the kids are highly appreciated. Plus, anyone who can help to marshal, waterbear, or are just wanting to join in are welcome as well.

      Please note, while there is limited loaner gear that will be available, however, groin protection for your child is a MUST. Please bring whatever equipment your young fighter has and we'll do our best to fill in the gaps.

      Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the future of An Tir!!!!!!

      YIS,

      Mathias Geirson
      Housecarl To Hersir Sven Redbeard of Blatha An Oir

      ---------------------------------

      "Oh what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone."
      Mark Hall: Casting Crowns: The Voice of Truth

      "In every victory let it be said of me, my source of strength, my source of hope, is Christ alone."
      Michael English: Christ Alone

    • Matthew Mason
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
        Thanks for the cross post, Jean-Pierre!!!!!!  I was going to do so this evening, but you keep beating me to the punch!!!!!  Any one with loaner gear questions can go ahead and email me off list for more info.  Thanks again to everyone!!!!!

        Mathias

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2006
          I apologize for the late posting on this.

          Do to an error on my part, it looks like I'll be unable to bring the BAO loaner Youth Combat gear to today's war moot.  Hopefully I'll still be able to attend to at least teach and help those kids who arrive.  I want to thank those who have emailed me with questions, and I hope to see everyone soon.

          Yours in Service,

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2006
            I need to retract my earlier staements.  It looks like I'll be able to bring out most of the loaner gear after all.  again, I apologize for the last postings, but I look forward to seeing you all.

            Mathias

            http://mail.yahoo.com