RE: [AnTirYAC] Marshals?

  • Daði Mánaskröggr Vébrandsson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2007

      Short answer…  Yes!

      As far as I know by the current guidelines they can be Apprentice YAC Marshals.   As I understand it (and how I do it in our local group), Apprentice Marshals can marshal a practice bout, but you need at least a Junior to assist as a field marshal (at an event or tourney).

      Check out page 3-4 in the current AnTir Book of Boffer and Whale Bone.  http://antir.sca.org/Pubs/boffer_3_2004.pdf

      Gang,  please correct me if you think this is wrong.

      Cheers,

       Daði Mánaskröggr

      Senior YAC Marshal - Aquaterra

        I have two children (12 & 13) interested in the YAC. I have a question
        for those of you with more knowledge of this activity than myself! I
        am a long time heavy fighter and Senior Heavy Marshal, so armor
        construction and regs generally do not present any issues, but the
        question they are asking me is, can they be Marshals of any degree? If
        they are not fighting, they want to be able to contribute anyway!

        I await your reply....

        YIS,
        HL Kerryk Wolfram

        He who angers you, controls you!

        You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.

        Got a little couch potato?