3/4 Inch Rattan Availability at September Crown?

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
      Greetings to the Group -

      I have just finalized plans to drive down to September Crown and would like to meet other YAC supporters. It is lonely up here defending the Northern marches.

      I have recently received a number of questions on sources for 3/4 inch rattan, which hopefully indicates armouring activity and that new YAC fighters are imminent. However, we have been unable to find sources locally, and importing larger items from the US is often problematic. So I was wondering if anyone might have this item for sale at September Crown - between myself and others I believe we would purchase 5 or 6 lengths (9 feet?).

      Thanks for any help you could provide.

      Yours in Service,

      Peregrine Falconer
      Barony of Borealis, Avacal, An Tir
    • talmoor
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
        Northwest cane in Seattle has rattan in a range of sizes including 3/4. Good prices too.

        Alasdair
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2011
          Greetings Lord Peregrine,

          Alasdair beat me to it, but he is correct.........we do have a good source of rattan around here at NW Cane Supply.

          The last time I went, the 3/4" rattan, 9 foot lengths, were running $20.00 a piece. If anyone has visited them recently, please correct me if this has changed.

          I will put the word out to the local YAC enthusiasts, although many of them are already on this list, to see if anyone will be in the neighborhood and be able to stop by to pick them up.

          If anyone else thinks they would be able to pick up an order like this and transport it to Crown please let me know so I do not end up duplicating the request. Not that having lots of rattan laying around is not a good thing, lol.

          IS

          Jólgeirr