YAC Happenings

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2011

       Greetings to All,

      As both August and September are looking to be very busy months, I am going to do my best to keep in touch with everyone. However, if you have questions, comments or even complaints, please be patient and remember my two week rule.

      Also, please note: I realize I owe you all another issue of Yak News, but since I am too busy typing up all these emails, lol, I have decided to wait until after September Crown to update everyone on all the happenings within the Kingdom YAC  program. Your patience is appreciated.

      So onto what is happening with regards to my schedule over the next two months. By the way, I do not mean to make it seem like I am the only person who can write up descriptions about upcoming Events where there will be YAC activities and which I am attending. I would like to encourage all of you to please advertise any Event, anywhere in An Tir, in which there will be YAC stuff going on (did not want to write the word activities again). Write about it here, post it to the Facebook page and then make sure you come back and tell us all about it. No that does not mean you have to include a report here, I just thing a summary of how everything went is great to hear about.

      Autumn War seems to be taking care of itself. I would like to thank all those dedicated YAC folks who are descending on the Nix Ranch to make sure everyone will have a good time. I only ask that we get to hear details about how much fun you had and how everything went. Please feel free to brag about it.

      The following weekend is Sport of Kings and as I am obvious in disfavor with the Gods, the boys and I are not going to make it down for this Event. However, you are in the best of hands as HL Sebastiaen 'Sable' des Roseaux will be MICing the YAC activities at this Event. Also, there will be some important news announced at this Event concerning YAC. What is that you say? You will not be attending this Event! Do not worry, I will be posting the announcement sometime that weekend while the Event is happening, so all of us who are not in attendance we hear the news.

      The same weekend that Sport of Kings is occurring, the Canton of Bearwood is holding their annual Event called Fibers and Fletchings. Since I cannot make it down to SOK, I have agreed to Daytrip this event, on that Saturday, since it is pretty much in my backyard, and run a YAC Tourney. So if you cannot make it down to Sport of Kings then come out and join us for a day of fun.

      Do not bother to unpack your vehicle though, because the next weekend after that is Tir Righ August Investiture & Warren War. Held in the Shire of Shittimwoode this has the potential to be a really big Event. Unfortunately, the Boswell Horde will probably not make this Event this year due to mundane family obligations. Therefore, we need to start planning for YAC activities now!!! Shittimwoode’s Warden, Dauidh, is only a Junior Marshal …….so consider this yet another official plea:  Are there any YAC Senior Marshals who plan on attending Warren War this year? If so, would they be willing to MIC YAC activities at this Event? You may either post your intentions on this page, on the FB page or contact me directly so that we can discuss the possibility.

      But wait, there is no time to sit back and relax because now we have reached Labor Day Weekend and you know what that means??? It’s time for September Crown. And yes, finally an Event the Boswell Horde will be attending.  The plans are to have a YAC Tournament for the fighters and YAC Meeting for all the Officers, parents or interested parties.

      Then I think everyone can relax just long enough to get ready for Aquaterra’s last big bash for the season. Banner War 2011.

      This will be a momentous Event as all present will witness the end of an era. Yes, we will be holding the annual YAC Torchlight Tournament. And yes, as tradition goes, a prize will be awarded to the most Chivalrous Fighter by Baron Hauk himself…….

      So, what is so momentous about this you ask. Well, this will be last YAC Torchlight Tourney under Baron Hauk’s reign, as he and his most Honorable Lady, Baroness Rosamund, prepare to step down at the end of the year.  And it should be heralded loud and far that the YAC Program in Aquaterra would not be what it is today without the encouragement and support from these most noble of gentles over these past years.

      But wait, that is not all…..when Aquaterra’s fledgling YAC program started those many years ago, there were only four small but brave young fighters who answered the call to arms. And so finally, following in the tradition of his peers before him, the youngest of these four fierce fighters will be entering into his last YAC torchlight tourney, nay his last YAC tourney ever…….as yes, my youngest son will be moving up to the Heavy arena come Ursulmas 2012. So come and see me get choked up in the Erik as I MIC what will indeed be an emotionally charged evening under the stars. Damn, I am getting all misty just typing this up………

      I will be posting reminders about these Events on Facebook as they approach and will be looking for detailed descriptions from all of you regarding the other Events that will be happening our A Tir as well as how much they were.

      HL Jólgeirr Álarson

      YAC Kingdom Deputy