Re: Parent/guardian

  • edmundhalliday
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
      Greetings to the List;

      Shortly after becoming Warden of Borealis, I was asked a similar question; "Can a non-guardian supervise my child in a youth armoured combat activity?" I read the ABYAC with specific reverence to definition of parent (I.A.5.), the role of the parent (I.B.1.), and parental consent (II.A.1.b.)

      The Parent or legal guardian is responsible for the supervision, safety and well-being of their children participating in youth armoured combat. The medical waiver (04) gives a non-guardian permission to take responsibility for the medical requirements of the minor which assuredly supersedes mere safety and well-being.

      In my opinion, the requirements of a parent present for a competitor could be met by a non-guardian with the combination of the medical waiver (04) and the event waiver (05) both signed by the parent and presented to the YACMIC prior to each activity. This would, of course, be above and beyond all other waivers involved in a given Event.

      Now that we have an official Kingdom Deputy, I believe an 'official' answer would allow us all to streamline our activities and avoid any misunderstandings at inter-branch events.

      Your Humble Servant;

      Edmund Halliday
      Warden of Borealis