Snohomish Pumpkin Hurl

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2010
      Greetings To All,

      Just wanted to give everyone a quick synopsis about the demo some of our YAC participants attended this last Saturday, the Pumpkin Hurl. I had three of our YAC fighters on hand as well as one of our recent graduates and they all worked hard at promoting the program.

      We had a number of fighting demonstrations and some of the more interested youths tried on spare armor we had displayed for that exact reason.  The big hit, pun intended, was the PPWs, the poodle noodle swords that I made up for this occasions.  Please Note:  I believe I had given a brief description of these before on this page, but for those who do not know, I will add description with pictures to the Files section soon.  For now, they are as they sound.  Simple swords made from pool noodles which allow all to play and should not result any injuries.I have made up a total of 13 of these and could have easily use another dozen.

      I took just over 50 of the YAC pamphlets with me and ended up giving them all out. Please Note: These pamphlets are available for use by anyone for promoting the YAC Program and can be found under the File heading on this page.  Just remember to change the contact information on the back and if you want you may change the pictures.   Plus I had about half a dozen people give me their email addresses so I could send them more information.

      All in all it was a fun day and Thor was kind enough to hold off on the heavy rains until just after we had packed up.

      Our next big public demo / Event will be Ursulmas which is the last weekend of January 2011.  There will be more information about this Event coming shortly.

      YIS

      Lord Jólgeirr Álarson

      YAC Kingdom Deputy