September Crown

  • ursula_f0wler
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      Greetings,

      I'm sorry to report I won't be able to make it to September Crown this year. With my husband still in college, and Thora getting her Nutcracker casting and ballet level letter yesterday putting her at a more advanced and more expensive level of ballet classes then we were planning for, we just can't do it.

      Have a great YAC tourney and YAC yak. I am sorry to be missing it.

      Locally Acorn War has just announced they will have a YAC tourney, Saturday the 11th at 11am. Thora and I will probably make that since we can day trip easily to local events.

    • Michael De Buitleir
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        Greetings!

        Actually, the YAC tournament at Acorn War will be on Sunday the 12th at 11Am, but close!  Would hate for you to day trip and miss it.

        Looking forward to seeing you and Thora there, she did awesome at DMDT!

        All the best,
        Michael

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
          Oh Dear, We cannot make it on Sunday morning for the YAC tourney, we have a commitment that afternoon which makes coming to a Sunday morning tourney, an hour drive from our home, impossible.

          I hope your YAC tourney goes well.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
            Greetings To All,

            I have returned from September Crown and we had a FANTASTIC TIME!.

            There is much news to speak about and I plan to get to all of it, but let me just concentrate on the on the highlights for now.

            However, before I do anything else,
            I would like to announce that I have taken on the position of Kingdom Deputy for YAC Combat.
            Please Note: This was not just a last minute decision. Sir Daniel and I have been discussing it for awhile but we wanted to wait until we could process all the paperwork and then felt this Event would be the best venue to announce the news.

            Now I will have a lot more to discuss about this issue but I will not bore you all with the details just yet. Onto the highlights.

            1st: We had a very successful YAC Meeting.  My original plan was to list all the various individuals but the meeting lasted for over an hour and all sorts of people came and went.  I will drop a couple of names though; Sir Daniel, Their Excellencies Hauk & Rosemond Baron and Baroness of Aquaterra, Her Excellency Caitrin ni Cingeadhy Baroness of Lions Gate and Glynn Mere's own YAC Warden Lord Kolbjorn Gunnison.

            Anyway, many subjects were covered and I will be slowly over the next couple weeks bringing each subject up, posting what was discussed and then allow people to comment on it. I am hoping in doing it this way we will not overwhelm everyone with information overload.  Besides that, I have suddenly found myself with lots to do......

            2nd: We had a great September Tournament!!!!!  We had 14 participants, 6 in the Griffin Division and 8 in the Dragon Division. Due to various factors, the tournament was only fought Saturday afternoon and we ended up not having a finals round. A minor bump in what turned out to otherwise be a wonderful time. Please Note: This will be one of those topics for discussion mentioned above. However, with this many kids, we were able to run round robin bouts for both divisions and from the reports I received afterwords all the participants had a wonderful time.

            We had a number of the Chivarly watching and in the end gave awards for most wins and most chivalrous in both divisions as well as a special recognition for young lady in the Griffin Division who suffered a most memorable death. Most importantly, the three noble warriors who were still on site Sunday night were recognized for their mighty deeds in Royal court - which was actually just an excuse for me to advertise our program one more time.

            3rd: As far as the YAC Program goes,
            there is no turning back! I was overwhelmed by the amount of recognition, support and overall good will extended to me with regards to the program. From their Royal Majesties down to those most noble Lords and Ladies I met when wandering site, everyone is excited and more then happy to help lift this program to new heights.

            Now, I am still recovering from all the fun we had down in Glynn Mere and I owe many thanks for all those individuals who helped me make the YAC aspects of the Event so successful.  However, I still have many things on my SCA To Do List, including a meeting this week to discuss YAC activities for Ursulmas - (I know Ursulmas already???), so you will have to forgive my signing off for now.

            One last thing, please feel free to continue to post questions or comments to this page, the Facebook page or email me directly. If I do not have the answers or information you need, it will now be my job to track it down for you.

            In Service to the Dream

            Lord Jólgeirr Álarson

            Kingdom Deputy for Youth Armored Combat

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
              Congrats on your promotion.  I made you a moderator on this group, you will have to talk to Halgrim about making you an owner of the group.

              Glad everything went well, sorry I could not make it, but I am glad my Glymm Merian replacement, Kolbjorn, was able to make it.

              Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal
              Member of the Order of the Crystal of the Barony of Glymm Mere

              http://www.facebook.com/blaine.hebert
              http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149139248430504

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
                Congratulations and Thank You for stepping up to the post of Kingdom Deputy of YAC. I'm really glad you stepped forward to do this.

                I wish Thora and I could have come to Crown. She would have really enjoyed the tourney, and I would like to have been at the meeting.

                YIS

                Ursula Fowler

                --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, Jordan Boswell <boshorde@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > extended to me with regards to the program. From their Royal Majesties down
                > to those most noble Lords and Ladies I met when wandering site, everyone is
                > excited and more then happy to help lift this program to new heights.
                >
                > Now, I am still recovering from all the fun we had down in Glynn Mere and I
                > owe many thanks for all those individuals who helped me make the YAC aspects
                > of the Event so successful. However, I still have many things on my SCA To
                > Do List, including a meeting this week to discuss YAC activities for
                > Ursulmas - (I know Ursulmas already???), so you will have to forgive my
                > signing off for now.
                >
                > One last thing, please feel free to continue to post questions or comments
                > to this page, the Facebook page or email me directly. If I do not have the
                > answers or information you need, it will now be my job to track it down for

              • Marguerite
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010

                  September Crown was so packed with events and meetings that even some of us who made it to Crown couldn’t get to the meeting due to other obligations.

                  Marguerite fitz William, JdL – mother of Leo the Fierce
                  Exchequer, Barony of Aquaterra
                  Courtier to Their Excellencies, Hauk and Rosamund of Aquaterra
                  Motto: Et Hoc Quoque Transibit
                  Or, a natural panther stantant contourney sable, on a chief invected vert, three plates

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
                    The thanks should really be for those of you out there who have been such strong supporters of the YAC program.  It would not be where it is today without all your help.

                    Jean - thanks for making me a moderator on the site. I am not worried about ownership and my attempts to contact Hallgrim have been met with the sound of crickets. As Sir Daniel pointed out, probably too busy with his mundane life.

                    Which leads me to the first of many excuses for not getting information out to everyone right away. I came back to numerous mundane chores and I have a number of individual emails to send out to others, a lot of them royalty, so it might take a few days to start getting the information posted.

                    But I promise it will be coming........

                    Also, thanks for posting all the updates about upcoming Events.  I will get a couple more added to Facebook.  I took down the Ursulmas one, but I guess it will be getting its own page which will go live Sept. 15.

                    Look for pictures from the tourney by this afternoon.

                    YIS

                    Lord Jólgeirr Álarson

                    YAC Kingdom Deputy