Sport of Kings 2011 & September Crown 2010

  • sabletheblack
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
      Good evening everyone,

      I know that we are just shy of 1 year away from the next Sport of Kings event. I wanted to take this time to make a couple of requests with this in mind.

      First of all, I will not be attending September Crown. Labor day is our annual family crabbing trip. Nuf said. But I would like the topic brought up at the YAC moot about suggestions for YAC related classes at Sport of Kings. I would also like to hear from anyone who is considering attending Sport of Kings that might have a desire to teach a class there?

      Or just post some suggestions here on the list if you have ideas and won't be at Crown.

      Thank you

      In Service,

      Sebastiaen 'Sable' des Roseaux G.d.S.
      Youth Armored Combat Warden
      Three Mountains Barony
      mka
      David Hemmer
      Portland, OR
    • ursula_f0wler
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
        So far Thora and I plan to teach our YAC sword making class at SoK 2011. It will either be a workshop or demo, depending on if I can round up the materials before hand or not.

        I still don't know if Thora and I are going to September Crown.
        I am talking it over with my husband, who would be staying behind to work on his college classes and look after the chickens.

        --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, "sabletheblack" <jaltona73@...> wrote:

        > Good evening everyone,
        >
        > I know that we are just shy of 1 year away from the next Sport of Kings event. I wanted to take this time to make a couple of requests with this in mind.
        >
        > First of all, I will not be attending September Crown. Labor day is our annual family crabbing trip. Nuf said. But I would like the topic brought up at the YAC moot about suggestions for YAC related classes at Sport of Kings. I would also like to hear from anyone who is considering attending Sport of Kings that might have a desire to teach a class there?
        >
        > Or just post some suggestions here on the list if you have ideas and won't be at Crown.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > In Service,
        >
        > Sebastiaen 'Sable' des Roseaux G.d.S.
        > Youth Armored Combat Warden
        > Three Mountains Barony
        > mka
        > David Hemmer
        > Portland, OR

      • Rusudan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010

          I'll be at SOK 2011, involved with a Lists track- we'll include YAC lists training in that. I'm also going to be helping with the SOK planning team, so I can keep YAC in the loop.

          Rusudan

          --
          "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." ~Goethe~
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2010
            My sons and I would love to attend SOK 2011!!

            We usually sit down in January and plan out the Events we will be attending for the next year, and then try and stick to that schedule.  Is there an actual date yet?

            However, you bringing this Event up was exactly my point about coming up with a Master List of Kingdom wide Events where YAC activities will be held.

            But please, do keep us in the loop.

            Jólgeirr/Jordan

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 27, 2010
              Sort of Kings is an amazing event, especially if one is interested in combat arts. The event starts on Thursday, with Friday and Saturday full of classes plus several tourneys. There are non combat classes too.

              This will be my daughter Thora's 4th and last SoK as a YAC fighter. She will be 18 by SoK 2013. I suspect she might be doing a few more adult combat classes this time around for she will be 16.

              Sport of Kings Happens August 18-21, 2011. The YAC tourney is held on Friday evening before the torchlight tourney. Last year we had 20 YAC combatants.

              Right now the autocrat team is lining up instructors.

              Here are 2 sites for SoK info. And yet another reason to facebook.

              http://www.sportofkings.org/

              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portland-OR/Sport-of-Kings-Academy-of-Armored-Combat/174601765278