Fw: FYI FOOD,YAC & Contests @ Autumn War

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2010
      From: JDS <ren.touch@...>
      Subject: <Archery> FYI FOOD,YAC & Contests @ Autumn War
      To: antir-archery@..., dragonslaire@...
      Cc: thewarren@..., antir-thrownweapons@..., vulkanfeldt@..., reeds@..., bao@..., druimdoineann@...
      Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 7:15 PM

      FYI

      word from site is that there are NO food merchants
      and the tavern will be open only as a space &
      NOT serving food & drink.  Please pack food
      accordingly.  We do not want you to hunger.

      YAC

      Karl  Redstone Memorial Youth Combat Tourney
      – Saturday 3pm on the Eric’s

                We would like to invite the young fighters
      of our Kingdom to join us at the 3rd Annual Karl Redstone

                Youth Combat Tournament at Autumn War. This
      tournament will be taking place on Saturday and, under

                the current youth combat rules, is for fighters
      from ages 6- 16. List will open at 2pm at the Eric’s.
      Tourney begins at 3pm. This Tourney will also be
             eligible for a war point! As has been our
      tradition, at the Karl Red stone tournament, every
      child is a winner! There for the War Point will be
      given to the principality with the most participants.

      The rest of the message below covers most the contests
      same text as sent last week.
      SE you at the war of the princesses.
      IS  J FWD GUY

      by request of
      Her Excellency Elspeth, Blatha An Or

      Info on
      5 Contests happening next weekend at Autumn War
      (right after my blathering see below )

      Brewing, Iron Needle, Torch light tourney, Wood working
      & Siege Cooking.

      Of course there will also be much more ,
      fighting, archery, visiting, food, joy ,companionship,
      court,classes  & etc.

      For more on war :

      http://autumnwar.blathaanoir.org/

      Their majesties will be there to see all
      the happy faces.

      Have you sent in your award recommendations yet?

      http://www.antir.sca.org/recommendations.php

      The Barony Blatha An Oir would Be pleased
      if you attended.

      ( If you are going to Lebus or out for
      Sergeant in Lions Gate we understand you missing
      the war  ;-)  )

      JF FWD GUY

      Torch Light Tourney

      The time has once again come for those warriors seeking to test their mettle to gather
      around the Torches at Autumn War and display their prowess and chivalry to the people of
      An Tir!  Let any who would seek to build their word fame gather to the List of the 3rd
      Annual Companions of the Shattered Lance Torchlight Tournament, which shall be held at
      7:30pm the Friday night of Autumn War.   The tournament will be a pas d' armes challenge
      format, and shall be fought a'plaisance, or without thrusting.  There are several
      requirements to be entered into the lists of the tournament:

        1)       In accordance with His Majesty Tiernan Mor Del Cais' pronouncement regarding
      September Crown, there shall be no visible plastic or other modern substance  (hockey
      gloves, skateboarding pads, etc) upon any combatant in the list.   This shall be strictly
      enforced by the Companions.

        2)      Each combatant shall be wearing armor and bearing weapons and shields
      appropriate to their persona, and shall be prepared to defend those items' historical use
      if necessary,

        3)      If possible, each combatant shall attend with his/her Inspiration and he/she
      shall bear a favor with which to grace the combatant at the Invocation, which shall take
      place just prior to the tournament proper,

        4)      Each combatant shall make every attempt to maintain their persona while upon
      the list field,

        5)      Each combatant is responsible for bearing the equipment required for combat
      upon the list field (Gauntlets, etc).

        6)      At the Companions' discretion, the Company shall add warriors from the List to
      the Challenge Field, and therein increase our numbers for which to answer Challenges from
      the List proper.

        There will be prizes awarded for chivalry and prowess, and those shall be determined at
      the discretion of the Companions and any combatants they have added to the Challenge
      Field.

      Hati Long Tooth Wood Working Contest

      Every year a contest is held at Autumn War to reaffirm the love of Hati Long tooth.  Hati had a strong sense of humor, family, the Dream, and of wood.  Anything made of any wood, from a little bit laying about waiting to be used, to fine grains and happy joinery.  Do you have a nice chest, or a lovely little box?  Maybe someone thinks you have a nice wagon.  Have you got some sweet inlay?

      Our one simple contest rule is that your entry is made of wood.  Bring your entry to the A&S pavilion to be admired and judged for one war point!  One entry per person.  We ask that you do not enter items that have previously won any A&S contest.  Display your entries by 12pm Saturday and judging will take place at 3pm.  Results and awards given at evening Court.

      Questions?  Please contact Johann Fairhand at:
      ren.touch AT juno.com

      (Hey that's me!  really simple rules  made of (mostly)
      wood, has not won, Portable enough to display.
      pretty easy )

      Siege Cooking
      _______

      The world-famous Autumn War siege cooking contest will take place Saturday at Autumn
      War.  Sign-ups for the contest will take place immediately after Saturday morning court.
      Everyone food will be due at the same time, everyone will be given the same amount of
      time on a staggered schedule.  The first team will receive their ingredients immediately
      and will be judged at 2:30pm.  The schedule will then follow in 1/2 hour increments (this
      means that the food is more likely to be at the appropriate temperature).  There are
      enough ingredients for four teams.

      Each team will receive their ingredients at an assigned time and present their entry 3
      hours later.  You must use at least some of all the ingredients that you are given.

      You may add to the ingredients you are given one herb, one spice, one fruit, one
      vegetable, one cup flour, salt, pepper, one cup honey, one cup wine, vinegar, or beer
      (pick one), and one quarter pound meat or other protein.

      Questions?  Please contact Elizabethe FitzWilliam at:
      fittzwm AT hotmail.com.
        IRON Needle

      Come and test your creative sewing skills!  The Iron Needle competition has become
      an Autumn War tradition.  This year, each participant will need to declare for either the
      Summits or Tir Righ for the war point.  In this manner, we will divide up into two teams
      and each team will be given an identical assortment of fabrics from which to create an
      outfit.  You may bring a single item of trim or embellishment of some type, if you wish,
      and each team may use up to 3 of these items provided.  Each team must also use at least
      some of each type of fabric provided.  All items will be cut, sewn, and embellished
      during the three hours of the competition.  Judging to follow and the war point to be
      announced at court.  The items we create will be donated to Gold Key or Largess.  Both
      teams will need to provide the following:

      Team Captain
      Scissors
      Needles
      Thread for sewing
      Measuring Tape/Ruler
      Pins
      Marking items/patterns
      Chair
      Imagination
      Trim or Embellishment contribution

      Will be provided:  Table and Fabric

      Questions? Please contact Lady MIlisandra verch Watkyn at:
      furdreams AT gmail.com.

      Brewing

      The brewing competition this year will have three categories: Beer, Mead, and
      Wine/Cordial.  Documentation is NOT required for these entries, however it will be used
      in case of a tie.  Standard judging criteria applies, and judges will be assigned to each
      category as needed.  If you're interested in volunteering, please see Sir Gernon
      Valletort du Harfleur.

      Please make sure that your entries are 1) at least 12oz in quantity and 2) at the A&S
      pavilion by 2pm Saturday for the judges to sample.  Make sure you have a way to denote
      which bottle/vessel is YOURS so we can judge your entry accurately!

      Questions? Please contact Sir Gernon at :
      darin.waller AT comcast.net.

      Thank you all & See you at this friendly war
      ___________http://autumnwar.blathaanoir.org/____

                                     --=--
      Please behave yourself: http://www.antir.sca.org/Lists/guide.html

    • ursula_f0wler
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2010
        Is the age limit for the YAC tourney at Autumn war correct? It says 6 to 16, but the age limit for YAC is 17 in the rules. I just thought I should point this out.

        I won't be able to go to Autumn War, because my husband is leaving for a week back east for work. Between his College degree and the reorganization at work, this summer is turning into a wash for me and Thora.