RE: [AnTirYAC] Polls

  • Marguerite
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29, 2010

      Please go here – a picture is worth a thousand words.

      http://www.antirheralds.org/display/populace_badge.html

      Marguerite fitz William, JdL
      Exchequer, Barony of Aquaterra
      Courtier to Their Excellencies, Hauk and Rosamund of Aquaterra
      Aide de V
      énerie

      Motto: Et Hoc Quoque Transibit

      Or, a natural panther stantant contourney sable, on a chief invected vert, three plates

      Marguerite

      From: Marguerite <M_fitzWIlliam@...>
      To: AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 3:46 PM

      As far as I know they only have the war ensign.

      From: Evenon de Remy <dan@dragonsbend. net>
      To: AnTirYAC@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 10:20 AM

           Perhaps, but there is also the kid who comes into the program at 15-16 with his buddies, fights for a year and then graduates to Heavy fighting.    That person may not be a marshal (don’t you have to be 18 to be a marshal?).  Also, the reverse might be interesting.  As a marshal you will wear that badge and perhaps give people the impression you went through this program and graduated.    Now, that would not be a total tragedy or anything, but a possible miss-representation .

      I would personally prefer something that shows the difference between someone fighting and a marshal.   There is a deeper understanding of safety, and knowledge of the rules implied by the Marshal title.

      -= Evenon

      From: ursula_f0wler <solem_atrum@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [AnTirYAC] Polls
      To: AnTirYAC@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 8:15 AM

      I noticed that the polls have closed, but there seams to be something that hasn't been mentioned. The Yak got the most votes for the graduate animal, and sable received the most votes for graduate color, but if we have a yak's head over crossed swords on a black field, we get the marshal badge.

      Do we need to revisit that part of the poll? I don't think the intention was to give the marshal badge to graduates.

    • ursula_f0wler
      Message 2 of 11 , May 23, 2010
        The latest poll has closed, and it looks like we are going with the Yak for the graduate animal. Do we just go with purple for the color, or should we poll between orange, brown and purple? <G>

        I uploaded my pdf on sword construction, if anyone would like to use it, it is in the files under Armor construction.