New poll for AnTirYAC

  • AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
      AnTirYAC group:

      What color should we use for Dragon Age Class Division for Youth Armored Combat?

      o Purpure (Purple)
      o Gules (Red)
      o Vert (Green)
      o Azure (Blue)
      o Sable (Black)

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
        AnTirYAC group:

        What color should we use for Griffon Age Class Division for Youth Armored Combat?

        o Purpure (Purple)
        o Gules (Red)
        o Vert (Green)
        o Azure (Blue)
        o Sable (Black)

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
          AnTirYAC group:

          What color should we use for Lion Age Class Division for Youth Armored Combat?

          o Purpure (Purple)
          o Gules (Red)
          o Vert (Green)
          o Azure (Blue)
          o Sable (Black)

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
            AnTirYAC group:

            Should we have an Animal Charge representing Graduated Members of YAC?

            o No
            o Yes, the Yak
            o Yes, the Owl
            o Yes, the Bear
            o Yes, Other (please specify in an email)

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • ursula_f0wler
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 12, 2010
              I have one request before I vote. If anyone knows the hierarchy of colors in heraldry, please post it. My daughter tells me there is one, but she can't remember what the order is. I would like to have that information, even if I decide to ignore it in my choices.

              Thank you,

              Ursula

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 12, 2010
                I found this when I did a search for an answer to your question, after the meanings of the colors, I also included meanings of beastial charges, that may help us decide how we want to answer the animal charge for graduated class poll.  I also found an article that stated what class of people the different colors where generally associated with.
                Purpure = Royalty
                Tawny (Orange) = Nobility (Orange is generally not used in SCA heraldry, except in the case of tigers or some other charge that orange is its natural color).
                Gules =  Military
                Sable = Clergy
                Azure = Non-Noble Gentry class
                Vert = Commonors

                Colors and Metals
                Or, yellow or gold - Generosity.
                Argent, white or silver - Peace and sincerity.
                Sable or black - Constancy, sometimes grief.
                Azure or blue - Loyalty and truth.
                Gules or red - Military fortitude and magnanimity.
                Vert or green - Hope, joy and sometimes loyalty in love.
                Purpure, purple - Royal majesty, sovereignty and justice.

                Common Charges
                Lion - Deathless courage.
                Tiger - Great fierceness and valor when enraged to combat; one whose resentment will be
                dangerous if aroused.
                Bear - Ferocity in the protection of kindred.
                Wolf - Denotes valiant captains that do in the end gain their attempts after long sieges and
                hard enterprises. One whom it is dangerous to assail or thwart.
                Rhinoceros - Great ferocity when aroused.
                Elephant - Courage and strength.
                Heraldic Tiger - Same as Tiger.
                Leopard - Valiant and hardy warrior.
                Panther - As a lion may be said to signify a brave man, so may a panther a beautiful
                woman, which, though fierce, is very tender and loving to her young, and will defend it
                with the hazard of her life.
                Horse - Readiness for all employments for king and country.
                Bull or Ox - Valor and magnanimity.
                Boar - A fierce combatant when at bay, and ceases fighting only with its life, and therefore
                may be properly applied as the armorial bearing of a warrior.
                Goat - Emblem of that martial man who wins a victory by the employment rather of policy
                than valor.
                Lamb - Gentleness and patience under suffering.
                Ram - Authority.
                Hares and Rabbits - One who enjoys a peaceable and retired life.
                Squirrel - Sylvan retirement being the delight of its bearer.
                Hedgehog - Provident provider.
                Beaver - Industry and perseverance.
                Fox - One who will use all that he may posses of sagacity, wit or wisdom in his own
                defense.
                Talbot, Mastiff and Greyhound - Courage, vigilancy and loyal fidelity.
                Cat or Cat-A-Mountain - Liberty, vigilance, forecast and courage.
                Camel - Docility, patience and indefatigable perseverance.
                Bee - Well-governed industry.
                Ant - Symbolizes a man of great labor, wisdom and providence.
                Spider - Wisdom, labor and providence in all affairs.
                Grasshopper - Wisdom and nobility.
                House Snail - Deliberation and perseverance.
                Double Eagle and Eagle - Signifies a man of action, ever more occupied in high and
                weighty affairs, and one of lofty spirit, ingenious, speedy in apprehension and judicious in
                matters of ambiguity.
                Alerion - Signifies one who having been maimed and lamed in war, was thus prevented
                from fully asserting his power.
                Wings - Celebrity, sometimes protection or coverture.
                Feathers (usually ostrich) - Willing obedience and serenity.
                Falcon or Hawk - One eager or hot in the pursuit of an object much desired.
                Hawks or Falcons Bells - One who feared not to signal his approach in either peace or
                war.
                Owl - One who is vigilant and of acute wit.
                Peacock - Beauty and pride of carriage.
                Pelican - Devoted and self-sacrificing charity.
                Stork - Filial duty, emblem of a grateful man.
                Swan - A lover of poetry and harmony.
                Goose and Duck - A man of many resources.
                Gannet - To subsist by the wings of his virtue and merit, having little land to rest upon.
                Swallow - One who is prompt and ready in the dispatch of his business.
                Cock - Courage, always ready for battle, ready to fight to the death.
                Dove - Loving constancy and peace.
                Raven - One who, having derived little from his ancestors, has through Providence
                become the architect of his own fortunes or one of an enduring constancy of nature.
                Crow - Signifies a settled habitation and a quiet life.
                Dolphin - Charity and a kind affection towards children.
                Tortoise - Invulnerability to attack.
                Unicorn - Extreme courage.
                Griffin - Sets forth the property of a valorous soldier whose magnanimity is such that he
                will dare all dangers, and even death itself, rather than become captive.
                Dragon - A most valiant defender of treasure.
                Cockatrice - Terror to all beholders.
                Sphinx - Omniscience and secrecy.
                Pegasus - Exceeding activity and energy of mind whereby one may mount to honour.
                Harpy - Ferocity under provocation.
                Mermaid - Eloquence.
                Centuar - For those who have been eminent in the field.
                Hydra - The conquest of a very powerful enemy.
                Phoenix - Resurrection.
                Stag, Hart, Buck and Deer - Policy, Peace and Harmony.
                Horns and Antlers - Strength and Fortitude.
                Snake - Wisdom.

                myspace.com/jpcolbert

                I have one request before I vote. If anyone knows the hierarchy of colors in heraldry, please post it. My daughter tells me there is one, but she can't remember what the order is. I would like to have that information, even if I decide to ignore it in my choices.

                Thank you,

                Ursula

                --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroup s.com, AnTirYAC@yahoogroup s.com wrote:

                > AnTirYAC group:
                >
                > What color should we use for Lion Age Class Division for Youth Armored Combat?
                >
                > o Purpure (Purple)
                > o Gules (Red)
                > o Vert (Green)
                > o Azure (Blue)
                > o Sable (Black)

                > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/AnTirYAC/ surveys?id= 2604226

                > web site listed above.
                >
                > Thanks!

              • ursula_f0wler
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                  Thank you Jean-Pierre,

                  This is exactly what I was looking for.

                • AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 29, 2010
                    AnTirYAC group:

                    The results of the Graduate Class Badge mirrored the YAC Marshal Badge.
                    Should we change the color, change the animal, or leave it the same as the YAC Marshal Badge?

                    o Change the Color
                    o Change the Animal
                    o Leave the same as the YAC Marshal Badge

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!