RE: [AnTirYAC] Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas

  • Marguerite
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 8 2:41 PM

      There is another problem to consider.  The black field with crossed sword and a yak head in chief looks way too much like a marshal’s badge.  As a matter of fact could easily be mistaken for an equestrian marshal badge (just sub out lances for the swords and a horses’ head for the yak head).  Since it is so close to the marshallate badges, I doubt that the heralds’ would pass it.

      I was going to try and post these visually in the photo section (I’ll still try to get to it tonight).  How about quarterly Or and argent in chief an yak’s head caboshed sable, for the lions, add a sable sword bendwise in base for the griffons and two swords saltirewise in base for the dragons and add a black bordure for the graduates.  This way the same belt favor can see them through their entire career in YAC.

      In non-heraldic terms the first favor (for the lions) would be yellow and white quarters with a Yak head facing forward in the top half.  For the next level (griffons) you would just add a black sword set at an upward angle in the lower half.  For the dragons you would add a second sword crossing the first (making an “X”).  Finally a black border would be added for those who graduated on to being adult heavies.

      This would carry on the theme of An Tir (see the populace badges and the war ensign for examples).

      Just my two silver pennies worth.

      Marguerite fitz William, JdL

      Very proud mother of Aquaterra’s YAC Champion
      Exchequer, Barony of Aquaterra
      Courtier to Their Excellencies, Hauk and Rosamund of Aquaterra
      Aide de V
      énerie

      Motto: Et Hoc Quoque Transibit

      Or, a natural panther stantant contourney sable, on a chief invected vert, three plates

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11 1:00 PM
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal